Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apgoluc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2003, 06:34 PM
    Centering a Golive web site when published
    Hi I am building a website in Adobe Golive. The website, with the exception of the index page, is constructed of frames: top and bottom. The top frame is 640x480 pixels, and the navigational frame on the bottom is 60 pixels with links hitting the top main frame.

I have two questions:

How do I center the frames and index page in golive so that when it is published it will be right smack in the center of any browser window? Size, be it a 14",17",21"etc. monitor?

How do I tell the navigational frame on the bottom not to move on top of the top main frame when I am dragging or resizing the window?

I clicked the noresize attribute and double checked in html to make sure it says noresize; nonetheless, the frames still overlap one another when I move the window.

I really appreciated if someone can help me. I tried everything for the last two weeks and it still not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all much :'(
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2003, 07:56 AM
    It would help you could provide a link so we could look at your source code.

You really cannot center the frames like you are wanting. You can however put the top frame in a table & center it that way. You can do the same with the nav frame. You should consider using relative size for your frames instead of absolute as well. It is not really the size of the display but the resolution. Of course the different sizes f the screen have more / less pixels per inch as well.

Jul 31, 2003, 08:26 AM
    Thank you much: I will try this out. The following is the source code for the frame set.

<html>

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">
    <meta name="generator" content="Adobe GoLive 5">
    <title>Welcome to Adobe GoLive 5</title>
    </head>
    <frameset rows="480,60" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="no">
    <framesrc="../Wireless_LAN.data/Components/productpic.html" name="Main" noresize scrolling="no">
    <framesrc="../Wireless_LAN.data/Components/navigatorlowerbuttons.html" name="Navigator" noresize scrolling="no">
    </frameset>
    <frameset cols="" frameborder=" frameborder=" border=" border=" framespacing=" framespacing=">

</frameset>
    <noframes>

<body>

<p></p>
    </body>
    </noframes>

</html>

Thank you.

Jul 31, 2003, 08:38 AM
    Try using percentages on your frames instead of the absolute values.

There are lots of ways that you can center actually without using tables. You can apply a class if you are using CSS.

You seem to have built the site on a 640X480 resolution? You can use *,60 if you want the bottom to be 60 pixels no matter what size. Or try using *,8% - that might be better for you. The resize is if the user wants to re-size (or tries to).

If you are using frames to help with the nav, I would consider using ASP or SHTML so that you can use file includes. A lot better & a lot easier than frames (and the search engines like that better than frames). And then you can position using CSS, etc.

Jul 31, 2003, 12:45 PM
    Thank you much for your help corey,

I will give it a try and see how it turns out.

Thanks again and best regards,

Grace :)

Jul 31, 2003, 12:49 PM
    Not a problem. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions / concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Centering Frames In GoLive [ 2 Answers ]

I've got my website completely designed but I'm having problems centering the frames to display correctly when posted. Could you please help? Thank you!:)

Web site help [ 2 Answers ]

A web site has been made and we would like to go in and change pictures and add pictures but have no idea how to do this. Some one else built the site but isn't able to work on it continuosly like we want. We don't know how to do any of it. Mostly focusing on adding pictures and mabye working on...

Inserting html code in golive 5 web page [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a web site that guides browsers to specific products offered on other companies web sites. From my site a visitor would click on an affiliate link to go to a product. Question: How can I insert affiliate html code into my web page for each product without it looking screwy? I am...

View more questions Search