Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queen b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Purchasing a home
    How do I purchase a very expensive home by paying the back taxes ONLY?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Be very lucky.

It really does not happen, first if there is any "expensive" home most likely there is a lien (loan) on that home and they would pay the taxes to protect their loan and then foreclose on the home thierself.

Next if there is an "expensive" home without a lien the home will be at auction, not just paying the back taxes, the bid starts at the taxes and goes as high as people are willing to bid.

Next in most states the old owners have a period to buy the property back from who ever gets it at a tax sale.

What happens at tax sales, the home with taxes owed are posted in the legal notice section. Each county normally has one sale a year.
    The person who owns them can pay their taxes up to the time of the sale.
    After the sale starts, the home is sold to the highest bidder.
    They normally require the payment to be made in cash or approved check at time of sale.

So most of the homes you get are ones with the windows busted out, or where people die without anyone to inherit the property. And old property or empty lots.

Normally you will not even find a nice home.
    queen b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by queen b
    How do I purchase a very expensive home by paying the back taxes ONLY?
    Thank you for your help. I was interested in purchasing a home in Scottsdale, AZ. They are very expensive homes. I guess I'd better keep looking, darn it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a Lease due to a murder in building and purchasing new home [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site. I live in the state of NC. We were debating on moving out of our apartment and making an offer on our house. On Sunday we had a murder in our apartment in broad daylight about 300 yds from our apt. There was a suicide about 2 months ago. After the murder we...

Renter in a Lease - Wanting to Purchasing A Home [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me please, I am currently in a lease for the past 19-months and have 5-more left to go on a 2-year Rental Lease. With the housing market prices falling, I decided that I want to purchase a house. Is there anywhere in Maryland Law that indicates that if a Renter wants to purchase a...

Purchasing a new computer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old computer that continues to work okay but have the opportunity to purchase a new one. Is this a good idea? I have been given a lot of software that I am not able to use on my computer as the OS is so old. My current computer is a HP Pavilion with Windows 98 SE, a 500 mh...

View more questions Search