Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chipmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Natural Selection and TAG's
    I have 2 questions that have puzzled me for many weeks. First One. If genetics mutations and natural selection is mainly involved in our evolution, and we now know that genes have a big play in this through DNA of genes that are switched on and off. What is controlling the information of the switch genes? When a ear or finger is made through the Hock genes, who or what is controlling the switches in those genes? Second. If natural selection is true and considered to be what we believe in, why hasn't any TAG's showed up any species alive today. I created the TAG theory relating to a Acrochordon on the skin. TAG in this case meaning imperfections. If even the best of the best survived in all species, why is there no evidence of a TAG in any species today. Think about it. And excluding the evolutionary process of useless body parts being evolved out of us.Carrying all the survival abilities though millions of years. Not one species has a TAG. It would almost seem impossible to create perfect animals and species without some form of TAG's that have also been carried in a species or 2. Thank you for your time in this. Just a couple questions that has plagued me over the past few weeks.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 17, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipmaster View Post
    When a ear or finger is made through the Hock genes, who or what is controlling the switches in those genes? ... If natural selection is true and considered to be what we believe in, why hasn't any TAG's showed up any species alive today. I created the TAG theory relating to a Acrochordon on the skin. TAG in this case meaning imperfections. If even the best of the best survived in all species, why is there no evidence of a TAG in any species today.
    First, I think you mean "Hox gene."

Second, please clarify what you mean by "TAG." Do you mean "skin tags?" As for acrochordon (also known as skin tags) - that's an imperfection that occurs in skin, including humans, dogs, and other pets. So I don't know what you mean when you say there is "no evidence" of this in any species today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

University Selection for MS? [ 3 Answers ]

I am Rakesh, My gre score is Quant-790 Verbal-570 Awa-2.5 My academics is good. I am stydying BE computer science in a college affliated to anna university My percentile till 6th sem is 87.22 Am 4th in my dept

What is the meaning of natural selection? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of natural selection?

Song selection [ 9 Answers ]

I don't want to do the traditional wedding march I want to do the song No Place To Far for when the brides comeing down the asile any ideals what I could do for the bridal party I would also like to use God Bless The Broken Road and My Little Girl by Tim McGraw any song suggestions where I could...

Course selection suggestion? [ 3 Answers ]

I start my MBA program this Summer, the following are the course that I required to take, I have no business background before, so could anyone please tell me which course would be easier for me to take first? Thanks Economics & Competitive Advantage Date Analysis for Decision Making...

View more questions Search