Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 11:49 PM
    No dial tone
    I'm trying to connect my desktop PC to the internet using AOL dial-up service.my phone line has a dial tone,but for some unknown reason my computer does not detect a dial-tone when it searches in setup.we also changed P.C.I. CARD
    PLEASE HELP
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 17, 2011, 04:06 AM

Is your modem detected in "device manager"? Is the line plugged into the proper port on the card? Did you install drivers for the card ?
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 05:17 AM
    Not sure about modem
    I'm not sure if modem is detected if not what needs to be opened to find out and how to fix also can the drivers for the card be downloaded to a cd the installed from the cd
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 17, 2011, 12:47 PM

If your using windows then you can get them from a disk. But you need to go to "device manager" and see if it is seeing the card at all. Or if there is a triangle next to it (indicates an error).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dial tone [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Esteban How can I find a dial tone after AT&T make a mees my system

No dial tone [ 2 Answers ]

None of our phones are working; we get dead air. No calls coming (going right to voice mail) and not able to phone out. The odd thing is, we have high speed internet and that is working fine (connected to the phone line). How is this possible and do you have any suggestions? Very frustrated in...

Dial tone [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 2 phone jacks, I get a dial tone for 15 seconds then the recorded message saying "please hang up...." my wife tells me, that we blew a fuse in that room the other day. I have checked the connections and cleaned them. Any thoughts? Thom

No dial tone [ 1 Answers ]

No dial tone in my cordless phone! Jack connected to rogers box. Another phone connected to same box is working fine. Help

No dial tone [ 9 Answers ]

Can somebody help me with this. I just had my phoneline activated. However, when I lift the handset, no dial tone is present. But what's weird is that, I can receive incoming calls. Anybody else who shares my experience? Please give me some tips on how to resolve. Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search