Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rainaspapa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 04:31 PM
    My Heater won't heat
    I have a Goodman brand GMS8 model. The blower will come on but the flame will only come on in short spurts. It won't stay on long enough to heat the house. I checked the thermostat. What else can be the cause of the problem? This model does not have a pilot light. And I purchased a universal Thermocouple. It appears that my model has some sort of electric igniter. The gas comes in through a tube strait to three burners. The thermocouple is a copper tube for the gas however, what I see on my igniter, it is electric only. HELP!
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Sounds like the flame sensor is dirty/oxidized. This is a pretty easy fix. You will find it located at the opposite end of the burner assembly from the ignitor. Remove it and clean with fine sandpaper or steel wool.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heater does not heat [ 2 Answers ]

My blower motor comes on, but heater is not working.

Goodman heater on heat [ 9 Answers ]

Goodman GMP075-3 Gas heater the blower comes on and I smell gas but unit won't light

No heat from heater core [ 1 Answers ]

90 nissan d21 Have replaced therostat and water pump. Flushed heater core and it is clear. Hot water coming out of the top hose and cold water going in the bottom hose (radiator). Little bit of heat idling and no heat running down the road. What is wrong?

My Heater Will Heat then Cool? [ 4 Answers ]

The central heating and air unit we have is approximately 2 years old. In the summertime, the AC operates properly. However, in the winter months, the heating unit seems to be malfunctioning. We will set the thermostat to a certain temperature and the heater will heat the house to the set...

View more questions Search