Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwlusby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Heat working, A/C not
    I have a Lennox Model #G12Q3-110-1 and the heat works but the a/c doesn't. Last winter nothing was coming on and I found that the transformer looked bad and burnt. I replace the transformer the heat worked but the a/c still doesn't. Any suggestions?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 05:55 PM

Do you mean the outdoor unit doesn't run? If so, start by checking the fuses and/or circuit breaker for the outdoor unit. There may be fuses in the outdoor disconnect, if present.
    Attached Images

May 17, 2011, 05:11 AM
    [QUOTE=KC13;2802136]Do you mean the outdoor unit doesn't run? If so, start by checking the fuses and/or circuit breaker for the outdoor unit. There may be fuses in the outdoor disconnect, if present.[/QUOTE

Neither the outside or inside unit comes on... the fan won't even come on when I switch the thermostat to "ON" from "AUTO". Any help?
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2011, 03:43 AM

Sounds like there is a short or shunt in the control circuit to the outdoor unit. The transformer you previously replaced may have been overloaded and failed when you switched on the a/c for the first time this season. Check the low-voltage wire to the outdoor unit for damage & check the contactor coil for a shunted or shorted condition.

May 18, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Sounds like there is a short or shunt in the control circuit to the outdoor unit. The transformer you previously replaced may have been overloaded and failed when you switched on the a/c for the first time this season. Check the low-voltage wire to the outdoor unit for damage & check the contactor coil for a shunted or shorted condition.
    Would that cause the indoor fan motor not to run when I switch the thermostat from "Auto" to "On"?
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2011, 07:35 PM

If the transformer failed again, the system would have no control power. Re-read my last post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman cpl t30-1a heat pump, heat not working/no compressor or fan operation [ 5 Answers ]

The thermostat is operating/clicks on when desired temperature is more that the actual, but no action at the compressor or fan. We even switch thermostats from other unit in house and both operate the other unit correctly.

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump

Emergency heat on, Aux heat off, fan working. [ 29 Answers ]

I do have heat. The fan outside is working on the heat pump. Inside unit is on. Heat Pump is set to Aux heat, with AUTO for fan. But the Aux heat is NOT what is on. The Aux light is OFF. I do NOT have it set to emergency heat, but the emergency heat light is ON. :eek: What is...

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

A/C working, switched to heat, now ac and heat don't work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Replaced my thermostat in the summer, everything worked good,switched the new thermostat to heat for the first time, now neither the A/C or heat work? Any Ideas? Andy

View more questions Search