Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomperkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Lennox auto thermo not working cool air not heat coming from heater
    Heater was not working and then suddenly coming on at 4:00 in morning. Does the lennox heater in my attic have a reset button?? Only cool air coming out now... What can I do? I checked the thermo batteries and the thermo box seem to be working just fine...
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2011, 05:58 PM

Provide more info about the heater (model#, gas/elec. etc.).
    tomperkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 06:06 PM

It is a gas heater in the attic of home central heat I don't know the model # yet. If I change the filter would that help? I will do this tonight also I will try putting the heater on OFF, waiting 15min and trying it again. With these two things being done I hope it will fix the problem. Can you think of anything else I can do??
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2011, 03:46 AM

If the air filter is clogged, it may cause the high-limit control to cycle the burner off due to overheating. If this occurrs frequently and often enough, it can cause the high-limit control to be stuck in the open position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump blows cool air,then warm air, then cool air again [ 5 Answers ]

My heat pump comes on, blows cool air, then hot air, then back to cool air again. The unit also runs for days at a time without ever shutting off, thus causing my electric meter to be moving very fast, and running up my electric bill. It has been running now for 42 straight hours. What can...

Installing Honeywell Thermo with Lennox Heat Pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased a new Honeywell "RedLink" wireless system in able to relocate my thermostat without the hassel of running new lines. I will be installing this on an Merit Series Lennox Heat Pump system (1C/2H). Can someone help me with the wiring? I currently have 6 wires coming out of the wall...

Carrier furnace, cool air instead of heat coming out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Can someone please help me, my furnace has a problem I think. Cool air instead of heat is coming out from the ducts. Thanks

Central air/heat lennox fan not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat/air central unit. When I turn it on, the fan is not moving and it is not blowing any heat. If I turn the unit on and go out to look at the unit, I can hear it trying to work, but to no avail. Any suggestions as to what part could be the problem?

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

View more questions Search