Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 16, 2011, 02:12 PM
    I wondered when I would get one of these...
    I collect scam e-mails.
    This one just received takes the cake ;)

Quote Originally Posted by I NEED YOUR HELP (Col. Gaddafi's son)‏
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I am indeed sorry for contacting you through this means. However, I assure you that it is confidential and genuine. I am Mohammed Heidi and an old college friend to Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi (Col. Gaddafi's son). I am sure you are aware of the current war in my country, Libya. As a consequence, many assets and funds belonging to Col. Gaddafi's family and government officials are being frozen by western government, as you can see on the following links:
    Britain freezes Gaddafi family assets as £900m of Libyan currency impounded | World news | The Guardian
    YouTube - Wealth Warfare: US grabs Gaddafi assets, Libya to kiss cash goodbye?
    We have lost a lot and are losing many on a daily basis and I need your help to secure some of these funds because these are hard-earned money. There funds are proceeds of contracts executed by the family. Examples are BP’s US$900M Libyan oil exploration contract in 2007, shares in Juventus Football Club, Eni: the Italian oil giant, and Pearson: the parent company of Penguin and Financial Times. Also some money was made from investments in numerous financial institutions, including Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase and the Carlyle Group.

In order to ensure that all our assets are not frozen illegally by the western government, I moved some money to through diplomatic security means as a consignment and deposited them in a Security Company, where they were registered as personal effects. There are three consignments with the sum of US$20,000,000.00 in each. I want you to help me receive one. Please note that further details will be made available upon proper understanding and agreement.

I shall offer you 35% of the total sum and you will also help me invest the other 65% in any lucrative business in your country. Serious negations are currently going on for peace to return to Libya. I should be able to travel after-wards and probably meet you. I guarantee you that this venture is risk free giving that the funds are certified clean. If you are interested, kindly get back to me for further details through my private Email address: [email protected] Otherwise, please delete this email and I say thanks for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Mohammed Heidi
    I can't believe that people really fall for these, but I suppose GREED is the ultimate driver...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 16, 2011, 02:26 PM

Hello ben:

I want in.

excon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 16, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Dude, if 1% of the scams I received paid off, I would be knocking at Bill Gates front door and kicking him out ;)

Don't you just love hotmail addresses..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 16, 2011, 02:39 PM

Mohammed HEIDI?? Maybe he recently read the book to his little daughter?

If excon goes in with you, call me. I'll bring along hot scones, clotted cream, and jam to share.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 16, 2011, 06:54 PM

I wonder who is actually more pathetic... the people what write these... of the fools that fall for them.

I'll bring the beer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2011, 08:26 PM

What about those poor fools who come in "in love" with that person in Ghana, or somewhere.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2011, 09:27 PM

If I have a dollar for each email like this I received, I would be rich. I get at least one a day, sometimes more.

Who actually falls for these?

I'll bring cookies. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 16, 2011, 11:43 PM

Cut me in please! I've got the POOL! We can all go swimming.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 17, 2011, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    what about those poor fools who come in "in love" with that person in Ghana, or somewhere.
    You are right... THOSE are more pathetic. These others are just the greedy preying on the greedy.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2011, 03:22 PM

Pool party! J, I'll bring the mimosas if you give me a spot on the floor to sleep on. Dog blankets will be great. :)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 24, 2011, 04:21 PM

Haha I get those all the time. I always get them from long lost RICH relatives who need me to send them my birth certificate along with my drivers license and SIN to prove I am in fact a blood relative. And they will kindly send me my millions.

What's clotted cream?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone ever wondered? [ 34 Answers ]

Who in the world chose the color for the standard pencil? It's SO random! I was just staring at one earlier and thinking, "what is this color even supposed to be? and what is it called" what's the purpose of it? I'm just curious.

Have you ever wondered [ 443 Answers ]

What's your pirate name? This is fun and you can kill some time... fidius.org's What's My Pirate Name? (1/3)

Have you ever wondered? [ 22 Answers ]

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat? Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough? Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets? Why does someone believe you when you say there...

I always wondered [ 2 Answers ]

Why a person of 95 years, who smoked two packs of cigarettes a day All of his life. Never got cancer of any diseases. If often puzzled me. Could it be a gene thing??

Have You Ever Wondered? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, Have you ever wondered why so many lives are lost in what many call Natural disasters? Recently a hurricane Katrina hit where I live, 6 persons were killed in my area and 50 or more in other areas nearby. If God controls the forces in the earth, then why does God allow people to be...

View more questions Search