Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
    How to deal with an immature ex boyfriend
    I am 16, my ex is 20. We broke up a month ago (I broke up with him). We had only been dating 3 months..

Well now he is facebooking me, texing me, spreading rumours etc.
    He is being super childish.

Ive deleted/blocked him on Facebook, and am changing my number as soon as my telephone provider is back up and running.

But what else can I do?
    I told him I didn't want to talk to him or have anything to do with him and that we were over. Now he keeps putting me down and bringing my friends (whom he doesn't know) into it ("So-and-so said you have a new boyfriend)... honestly I'm just sick of it!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 15, 2011, 03:37 PM

It already seems you are attempting to go No Contact which is the main thing to do. Until you can get your number changed ignore all phone numbers that you don't know.

As long as he is not crossing over the line into harassment or stalking there isn't much else you can do. Ask friends not to mention him to you and to ignore his games. Talk to your mother and other family members about his behavior so that they know what is going on.

If it gets worse or doesn't stop, you might need to look into getting the police involved. IF there is any danger that he might get violent or physical, know the laws in your area and what measures you can legally take to stop him.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 16, 2011, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    It already seems you are attempting to go No Contact which is the main thing to do. Until you can get your number changed ignore all phone numbers that you don't know.

As long as he is not crossing over the line into harassment or stalking there isn't much else you can do. Ask friends not to mention him to you and to ignore his games. Talk to your mother and other family members about his behavior so that they know what is going on.

If it gets worse or doesn't stop, you might need to look into getting the police involved. IF there is any danger that he might get violent or physical, know the laws in your area and what measures you can legally take to stop him.
    (Repspread)

Cat is right,and I agree,if he persists and you feel he is harassing you,tell your local police.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with depressed boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to this sight and I'd appreciate any advice in how to deal with my boyfriends depression. I have been dating a man (I'll call him Mike), 45 yrs old, for 4 months now. I am 46. We really hit it off from the start. We had so much in common and shared the same dreams so much so that we...

How do I deal with the death of my boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I have lost my boyfriend three days ago and all I could do is to cry. It happened so sudden and feel life is not fair. He was found lying on the corridor of his house by his mum. We loved each other to bits and I feel without him life would never be the same. My family and friend are not around...

How do I deal with my crazy ex-boyfriend? [ 9 Answers ]

We only dated about 8 weeks, but were pretty serious. Things and feelings changed on my part and as that 8 weeks went on he would try to control me, tell me he didn't want me going to school in fear I may meet someone better, or get a better job or do anything really for fear I may find bigger and...

How to deal with the loss of a boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my boyfriend on October 31st 2009 . He was killed and a part of me felt like it died with him . I loved him so much and cry almost everyday . I've talked to friends and family and been to a counsler but nothing has helped . Does anyone know what I can do to deal with this pain and depression...

How should I deal with my cheap boyfriend? [ 27 Answers ]

Christmas has just passed and I am really hurt and disappointed in my boyfriend. We've been dating for 2 years. He lost 30 lbs and said he wanted new clothes for Christmas. I gave him sweaters, casual shirts, t-shirts, shoes and socks. One of the pairs of shoes were given to him by my sons. My...

View more questions Search