Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red_in_love Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Prom dress for red hair
    This is my first time using this but here goes:confused:
    I have red hair, fair skin, blue eyes, and I don't like the way emerald looks on me
    Its my senior year and senior prom, but not my last because my boyfriends a sophomore, I went last year and wore a kind of bright blue dress and I liked how that looked on me but of course I don't want to do that again
    I just need some ideas please:D
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Have you tried a deep sapphire blue?

Jan 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
    I might try it next year but I don't want to wear blue two years in a row
    But thanks for the idea

PS I am 5'5 and average weight my hair is about half way down my back so if any one has any ideas for my hair that would be great too

Thanks
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
    I wore white to my senior prom (I had red-gold hair at the time... it has since darkened to a deeper red)

My best friend in high school, though, wore a pale peach color (she had waist length red hair, the kind that people call "carrot top") and it looked terrific.

I would think that a gold toned dress would look great on you, or one in deep violet. If you're not averse to it, black would probably also look GREAT on you, but you have to be careful of the style with black and pale skin and red hair.
    aduckart Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Jan 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Don't wear green! If you don't want blue... think more of a deeper purple or you could pull off a really nice black and white fancy. If you do that, definitely wear your hair up with possibly bigger curls - keep them out of your face. Fancy = no hair in your face!

Good luck and have fun! :p
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Try a shimmery ivory color with a gold hue:)
    Karly Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2007, 07:24 PM
    I too am a red head with fair skin; finding dresses isn't always easy. I usually go with greens, but in your case, look for browns, muted golds and light carmels. Natural tones would be more likely to suit you. I'd definitely stay away from the pinks or oranges; Not many redheads can pull off black or purples either with such fair skin, it can render your complexion pallid. I've also went with a sheer grey dress, then I was able to go crazy with accessories.
    Good luck. =]

Feb 1, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Thanks for all you suggestion so far and I will keep them all in mind when I go looking next weekend keep send ideas if you have some:p
    Thanks
    laylow80 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2007, 01:27 PM
    My friend has red hair, she wore brown. I'd suggest white or maybe a light purple? The blue is a good idea, since it goes with your eyes. But I'd try some dresses on and see what you think looks best. Go with colors you've never tried before, chances are you'll like them.
    Good Luck :-)

Feb 15, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Hey if any of you want to know I got my dress and it is like a maroon and in the right light it is almost red.:rolleyes: it almost looks like a two piece, skirt and top, but it is one dress... it has silver beads on the top and not strait but not poofy... it doesn't make me look really white and if I get my cousin to cmoe down and give me low lights it will really look good with my hair

Thanks for all of you suggestion and help:D
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 19, 2007, 01:23 PM
    I saw one red head say no to pink, but I was thinking it would be a pretty contrast.
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Feb 25, 2007, 04:44 PM
    DAngit I am too late.I was fixing to say that you could wear a light tan color with gold accents or turquoise(too close to blue).
    Ohh and for your hair for the dress you have already bought, what is the neckline?Strapless?If so then I would recommend a half updo, in curlz, or if it is a halter I would recommend a updo that leaves your hair dangling with dangliy earrings.
    Let us know(or me) how it all turmns out
    Redheadedrachel Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeasty
    I saw one red head say no to pink, but I was thinking it would be a pretty contrast.
    I wore pink to my junior prom, but I had the skin tone to pull it off, and my hair was a little darker from the hair do because of all the hair spray

Mar 1, 2007, 08:38 AM
    ANOTHER QUESTION!!
    Do you think I should get a spray on tan I got one last year and I liked it but it also made me look kind of orange my boyfriend doesn't want me to get one but I'm in track and golf and I'm going to have some major tan lines on my arms and neck... help

Do you know if they can do like different level of darkness because when I went last year my cousin, who is darker than me, ended up the same color as me
    Thomaslover_C Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2008, 10:48 PM
    I have red hair... well strawberry-blonde lol, but I think that a deep purple would be cute! :D Hope this helps. GOD bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

I need a dress for 8th grade prom [ 3 Answers ]

I need a dress that will look good on a 13 year old medium height Afrincan-American but light skinned thin girl. please leave links to the dresses that you find. thanks!!! :)

I need Help picking out a prom dress color. [ 7 Answers ]

I honestly have no idea what color dress to wear to my 2007 senior prom. I'm 5'7, I have shoulder length black hair(its natural so its not that tacky bluish black color), blue eyes, and im PALE! Like, really pale. lol. I do not want black. your help is appreciated.:D

Red Hair! [ 1 Answers ]

I colored my hair 5 days ago and wanted an auburn color, which usually turns out brownish with red highlights on me. Not this time! It is REEEDDDDD! And I hate it. Is it too early to recolor it? And if I do, will my medium brown color most likely return it to the brown with red highlights? Any...

Red in Hair [ 1 Answers ]

My hair color is brown so when I go to color it I use brown. This is fine, but in a few weeks my hair turns a brass or fade red what can I do about this and how can I keep it from doing this :( I don't know what to do my hair gets brassy looking after a few weeks of using my hair color what and...

View more questions Search