Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakerfan999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 05:34 PM
    Understanding drug test results.
    I failed a probation drug test - I tested positive for thc. I have not been using. PO sent test to lab for confirmation. I went to doctor and got my own urine and blood tests. Received the results. None detected in blood. However there was something detected in urine, but I don't know what it means.

The test was done by Quest Diagnostics. It was called Marijuana by GC/MS, Urine. It gave an in range number of 56ng/ml and a detection limit of 15ng/ml. It does not say if this is a positive or negative result or if it measured all marijuana related substances in my urine or the one that I thought confirmation tests looked for, THC COOH.

Can someone help me understand these results? Thanks.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 13, 2011, 05:53 PM

Hi Lakerfan...

Click on this link... explains better than I can... ;)

6405N SAP 5-50 GC/MS What is it? - Marijuana.com

By my interpretation of the information, you have exceeded the 15ng/ml (56ng/ml exceeds 15) and now I believe a GC/MS conformation test will be done to confirm this... see link above.

Looks like the initial test has given reason to perform another test for THC... probably why you didn't get a positive or a negative result here... ;)

Check back for others' answers as I know little about this stuff, but it looks like they proceed to test with a "real" test (the GC/MS) now and I'm sure you'll be notified of end test results!

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interpreting drug test results [ 11 Answers ]

What do these drug test numbers mean? Report is from Quest Diagnostics. Test name: Marijuana by GC/MS, Urine In Range column: 57 Out of range column: blank Reference Range: ng/mL Detection Limit: 15ng/mL

Drug Test Results [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! :D I'm not sure if this is in the right spot to post this so forgive me if it isn't. I have applied for a job and it is mandatory to take a drug test, although I don't do any drugs myself I am constantly around people who do. The people I live with smoke pot everyday, that doesn't...

Court ordered drug test, results to be sent to court, can person also get results? [ 1 Answers ]

Father of 15 month old court ordered to take hair follicle test.. Results to be faxed to person in juvenile court. Can anyone else get results before the next court hearing? Also, the test was taken 23 days ago and so far no results yet.. Why would it take so long?

False drug test results [ 4 Answers ]

I have someone in my family that is on probation.My family member got in trouble for DUI. Since then, they have been trying to get their life back on track and abiding by all the rules of their probation.My family member went to visit her probation officer like they were scheduled to, so the...

Accurate Drug Test Results [ 4 Answers ]

I gave my 16 year old daughter a urine drug test to test for illicit drug use (mainly marijana). I watched her deposit the urine into the cup to make sure she did not dilute the urine. The urine was white and clear. It had no yellow tint and did NOT smell like urine. What would cause the urine...

View more questions Search