Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quasti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Re parging block foundation
    Hi I hope you can help me I have a painted block foundation that is parged and needs some repair after I remove the loose paint and parge will I be able to reparge over some of the area that still has paint on it and what should I do to prepare the surface to accept the new parge
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 28, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Power wash the foundation where you need to reparge and get all the loose paint off. You can try a concrete bonding agent that you brush on before you parge.
    Do this is a small area and see if it parging adheres for you. If not, you'll have to attach wire mesh/lathe to the foundation, put on a "scratch" coat (a first coat of mortar and as it dries you scratch it w/ a trowel or stick to put lines on it so the final coat would adhere). Then apply your final coat and float to so its smooth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing cinder block foundation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi All, My house is on a hill so the front is at level with the street and the back foundation is partly exposed. The garge is part of the basement and level with the driveway. Over the years water coming down from the roof and building up behind a 2 1/2' retaining wall next to the garage has...

Foundation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Can someone tell me what is rubber flashing material. That I put against my brick foundation Thanks

Parging stone foundation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for parging an old stone foundation? And how far should I go down?

View more questions Search