Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crosscanadianragweedfan04 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
    I want to find my biological mom
    I was adopted when I was six days old. My adoptive parents are William and Suzanne Ellenberger. I have never met my biological mom, but have letters and cards that she sent me. I know her by two names, Susan Henderson and Susan Taylor. I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on Palm Sunday, April 9, 1990. I would really love to contact her. I am presently in the custody of Georgia Child Services because my adoptive parents abused me. If you know my mother, or are my mother, please contact me.
    If anyone knows of any better, but free, way to find her, please let me know.
    Thank you,
    Kayla Michelle

P.S. I also know that she wanted to meet me when my adoptive parents deemed me old enough. I no longer stay with them, so their opinion doesn't carry much weight.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Your situation is an unusual one. I would have Georgia Child Services, contact the adoption agency that placed you. They have the resources to get the info and help you locate your mom. Its in their best interest because they may be able to place you back with her.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
    One way to find her would be to Google her known names through the internet or check the white pages. I know this is going to sound tacky and forgive me but I am being serious, but have a look at online blogging sites such as MySpace or Xanga, or Livejournal. Almost everyone is online one way or another these days. You can do a name search on Myspace and results may pop up with the users registered with that name. I wish you the best of luck!

Jan 30, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Thanks, but Georgia Child Services won't do anything until I'm 18. They say they can't, even though it was an open adoption.
    As for googling her name, and people searches, I've tried so many times, but I can't seem to find her. There are A LOT of Susan Hendersons in the U.S.
    Thank you,
    I will keep trying.
    I have never been one to give up and don't plan on it now.
    KMEH

Jan 30, 2007, 10:04 AM
    This doesn't sound right. I can see Child Svces not helping you find your birth mother IF you were still with your adoptive parents. But since you were taken from them, then their recourse should be to attempt to return you to your natural mother.

What might be the case, is they DID try to contact your natural mother and she may have told them she can't take care of you, so rather then reject you, they are telling you they can't do anything. You have to consider that possibility. I think you may want to consult an attorney to for GCS to make contact.

Jan 30, 2007, 10:09 AM
    A possibility, yes, but I know if she could contact me, she would. When my adoptive family lived in Utah, she sent letters and cards and all kind of stuff. The only reason we lost contact is because my adoptive mom wouldn't give her the forwarding address to Oklahoma.
    KMEH

Jan 30, 2007, 10:48 AM
    The it doesn't make sense what GCS is telling you. They should want to place you back with her. But if they refuse, then you need to get an atty to act on your behalf.

Jan 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I'll look into it. I wouldn't have thougtht of anything like that, so thanks.
    I really appreciate your concern.

Jan 30, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Good luck. One thing you can try is going to your local family court and asking them to appoint a guardian Ad liteum (I think that's the correct term). This would be an advocate assigned by the court to protect YOUR best interests.

Jan 30, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I am in a group home, and I don't really want to leave the group home. I just want to find her, and let her know how my life has been. I know she would be really sad if she knew all the stuff I have gone through. I have been anorexic, suicidal, and have been dealing with depression issues. Through God, Jesus, and my group home, and mainly being away from the woman (my adoptive mom) who hurt me so much, I have gotten over all of those issues. I used to have a picture of her, and we look a lot alike. She is a writer and so am I. I am mother's daughter, and I want her to have something to be proud of.
    KMEH

I had forgotten, she has another daughter, Rachel. Can I find our mom through her?!

Jan 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
    If you know how to contact her, that's a possibility.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Jan 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Where to start searching:
    Personal Records Checklist - Adoption - Families.com

Jan 31, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Thank you! Anything helps!!

Feb 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I found some big news out yesterday. I am supposed to be moving to another group home down in Ludowici, GA. I am leaving the best family I've ever had. I have brothers, sisters, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and craploads of friends I have to just up and leave. Part of me is very glad, but wow, it is so sudden. I know it's what's best for me; it's just so hard to believe.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Believe me when she says GA Protective Services won't help you, they almost had me arrested before for trying to help someone ( interfering with custody they called it) and another one of their case workers tried to have me arrested for defending myself against a 15 year old gang member who was trying to beat my windows out with a baseball bat. ( I had the nerve to actually take the bat away form him, and hit him)

They closed the case on the real mother years ago and when that bridge was done, they don't go back, to the state the adoptive parents are the legal parents and if the child is to go back to any home, it would be the home of the adoptive parent.

I would say your case deserves to be looked into, and I wish I could do more personally but since you are underage legally our hands are tied to do a search for you.

Feb 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I am happy that you may finally find love and happiness and a real family. Please be aware that you can still search for your biological family, yourself. Online. Whatever the circumstances for your relinquishment is YOUR business and NO ONE else's. They are YOUR biological parents. It is YOUR story. And PLEASE DO NOT listen to negative people. You are getting older now, and are able to MAKE your own decisions pertaining to wanting to search or not. Although, no "Search Angel" can assist you legally until you reach 18 years of age in most states. But you can still search and possibly find YOUR answers in the meantime. And do not listen to anyone telling you anything differently. It is your business. NO ONE Else's. Your birth mother may be worried about you? You may have a sister that is worried about you? Or brother? Or father? And then maybe not. But it is your and your biological families business. As well as the outcome. And it is up to ALL of you to reunite or not reunite. You have been through a great deal in life, already. It is my hope that the challenges that you have faced are over now. And that you can finally rest in a real parents arms, full of unconditional love and commitment. As well as get the support and acceptance emotionally that you need if you chose to continue to search for your biological family.:D

Feb 6, 2007, 06:43 AM
    The challenges in life are never over. Without challenges, there would be no mistakes, without mistakes we would not learn. I live for challenges, and searching for the answers. Thank you for your concern, and I know that only I can dictate my life, not others, not my past, just me.

Feb 7, 2007, 04:55 AM
    You will find many negative people along your path. Whether it be for or pertaining to searching for your biological family or not. As well as many road blocks along the way, just for wanting what is yours to begin with. But, never ever give up. A person who has never lived your life, cannot understand your path. Listen to your own drummer and you will find your own music. You are wiser than your years. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to find my biological dad [ 4 Answers ]

I wish I could have some help on trying to find my biological dad. His name is wayne turman.

Would like to find Biological dad -Flint Michigan area [ 9 Answers ]

I decided to see if anyone knows the best (free) way of finding my biological father. I was conceived near Flint Michigan by a man named Daniel Gordon. This was in 1981 and he was between the ages of 20-23. My mom and him dated briefly until he left her for another woman. Supposedly he went off...

Biological grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was...

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Claus Hanke living in Denmark. My adopted son Thomas (born March 15, 1968) wants to find his biological parents, prefarably his biological mother. He has given me the authority to conduct this search. From his early childhood he has known, that he was adopted. Thomas is doing well in...

Stepmother and Biological Dad's Will [ 3 Answers ]

My dad died recently and I know he had a will. I have heard that my step mother is not going to probate his will. And if she doesn't, I have no way of knowing what was in the will and if my name along with my two brother's names are mentioned and if dad left anything to us at all. My question...

View more questions Search