Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nationof4 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Old sliding glass doors
    Hello all.

I have a four panel sliding glass door from the 60’s The outside panels are fixed with the middle panels sliding.

The doors are single glass. The frame channels are wide. Is there a way to replace the single glass with a thermal pane glass?

Is this cost effective. I do not want to put tons of money into this since we will be selling the house within two years or so.

I have also noticed ice forming on the inside of the aluminum frame.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 28, 2007, 08:44 PM
    If you can afford it, replace the doors. If not contact a glass company to come out and evaluated the doors. They will be able to tell you if new thermal glass can be retrofitted to the old doors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Thermal sliding glass door dirty between panes [ 3 Answers ]

My metal sliding glass door works great but there is dust/dirt on the inside of the thermal panes - really affects the view. Can the glass be separated, cleaned and resealed? I've never noticed condensation but have only been in 1970s house for 1 year. Thanks in advance!

Sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I need basic instructions for installing a sliding glass door. Irene

Sliding Glass Door is leaking [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sliding glass door that leaks when it rains heavily. Our house is 18 years old and the door leads out to a wooden deck. The deck is about one inch below the door frame. It is a good quality wooden door manufactured by Peachtree. This has caused some damage to our hardwood flooring near...

Sliding glass door problem [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed a laminate floor in a kitchen on top of an inch and one half sub floor. The bottom of our Andersen vinyl clad sliding glass door barely clears the floor and this without any threshold. The door wheels are set at their highest position and the top of the door rubs against...

View more questions Search