Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r2d2love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 08:43 AM
    I live if Fargo, ND and I'm confused on the percentages they take out of my check
    I am single and I claimed 1 on my taxes, I get paid every 2 weeks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2011, 08:56 AM

Federal taxes? State taxes? What are you asking?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2011, 09:01 AM

Are you in a position where you pay SS, IMRF or some other pension? If you are single and claim one there is a strong chance you will owe the feds om April 15th. Tell us more
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2011, 10:50 AM
    Do you mean it seems like a lot? Where you live only applies to state. Federal and FICA are the same for everybody. If you make say 25K/yr you might have 25% taken out?
    Is your paycheck done by hand at a small company? Mistakes can be made, such as using a tax rate for weekly instead of biweekly, or using 0 exemption instead of 1. Talk to your payroll person.
    Indian CPA Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

May 15, 2011, 06:29 PM

Use of one of the payroll calculators to figure out the taxes. You can try one at PaycheckCity.com | Paycheck Calculator

Indian CPA
    Home - Indian CPA
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 16, 2011, 05:43 AM

Here's the table for ND, which is where the OP is: PaycheckCity.com | Paycheck Calculator

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I live in CT and work in NY should medicare be taken out of my check? [ 2 Answers ]

If I live in CT and work in NY, should medicare be taken out of my paycheck?

Very Confused! I live with my Boyfrined but I think I like someone else [ 6 Answers ]

I am 29 y. and I have a Great Boyfriend. We've been together for 1 1/2 years and we moved together a little bit more than a year ago. He is very nice a perfect guy in many ways (we haven't spoken about getting married or anything like that). But 2 weeks ago I met someone at work, nice guy, he...

If I live in PA and work in NY will I have to have both taxes taken out of my check? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in PA and work for a corporation in NY State. I have PA state taxes taken out of my check, but not NY states taxes. When I file at tax time, will I have to also pay NY state tax? Should I have both PA and NY states taxes taken out of me during this year or what?

I'm confused(tell me that you want me, tell me that you can't live with out me [ 10 Answers ]

I'm crazy about this one girl but no matter what I do I can't get her back every time I think about her I feel like I can fly but with out her I'm like a cancelled flight what do I do I don't think I can live with out her:confused:

View more questions Search