Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gracey_95 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2011, 12:27 PM
    Are onions any good for you?
    I'm aiming to get my 5-aday, and wondered if onions had any nutrional value to them?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 01:07 PM

Onions are good for you as part of a balanced diet. Bad for the breath... but good for the body. Yes they have a nutritional value. Few negatives.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 11, 2011, 07:16 PM

Yeah, onions have some nutritional value to them. Here's a good serving size guide for veggies and fruits. Serving Sizes for Fruits and Vegetables

According to that 4 slices of an onion= 1 serving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Controlling Wild Onions [ 0 Answers ]

I've always had a few wild onions in my yard, but this year they just seem to have gotten out of control. I use a pre-emergent but my brother thinks that isn't helping wild onions since they aren't broadleaf. (And obviously it didn't help.) Round Up will certainly kill them, but the grass will...

Dragon who eats onions [ 3 Answers ]

My sister and I used to watch this movie when we were little (1980's) that had a green dragon who ate these things that looked like white onions. I remember a very specific scene where he is in a cave eating the 'onions.'... any ideas? It's driving me crazy!

Growing onions [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get my onions to grow into normal onions instead of going to seed and not having the shape I see in the grocery store? Thank you

Onions! [ 24 Answers ]

Ive just been cutting up onions to go into tonights dinner and even though I have a awfull cold the dam things still made me cry tee hee, Do onions make you cry or do you have a tried and tested method to stop this?? I spent 3 years training to be a chef and to be honest with you we tried a heck...

View more questions Search