Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ghotan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Charged in Ontario with Fraud(5counts) under 5000
    Me and friend are charged with Fraud(5counts) under 5000. We are both guilty of it. Friend was employee of the compny where Fraud occurred. None of us has any criminal record before and never been involved with police. We are both ashamed of our deed. Our first appearance in court is in first week of June. We are willing to pay back(total amount is bet 2000-3000). When my friend got caught, I turned myself in. Police didn't have to look for me. We know we have made a big mistake. Can someone *** tell me what to do on first appearance and what to expect. What can be worst case scenerio? Police officer who laid charges, is willing to try to convince Crown that we both co-operated and whatever he could do to help us. Can someone *** answer me what can happen or what we should do? I can't sleep, can't eat. My friend offered company to pay back whatever we took. Please help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 01:22 PM

I wouldn't believe for one second that the Police are going to help you. Why would they do that? You've pretty much handed them all the proof they need. They have other things to do.

Theft from an employer is taken very seriously and excludes you from the possibility of diversion.

I would expect to pay back and pay hefty fines, have permanent Police records and probably be put on probation.

Your best chance is a GOOD criminal Attorney. I would get my own Attorney - don't "share" with your "friend."

I would also be very, very sorry, not because you were caught but because you broke the law.
    Ghotan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Thanks Judy for your advise. I am sorry for what I have done. I am repenting and regreting. Is there any posibility of plea to lesser charges or fine so that we have no criminal record?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 12:12 PM

When it's theft from an employer? No.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charged with Mischief Under $5000 in Ontario, Can I Leave the Country? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old Ontario resident. My school has had a prank war with another University for many years. Long story short I was caught spray-painting part of a building, caught by the police and given a date for prints and a trial (Both in January). Question 1: I planned a trip for new years...

Charged with fraud under 5000.00? [ 12 Answers ]

I was returning an item in which my boyfriend was caught for steeling from another store and then the store I returned it to called the cops they have me on camera for returing it and then the cops came and gave me 9 form and told me to go to court and that I was being charged with fraud I have...

Charged with theft under 5000 in ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I was just charged for theft under 5000 by an emplyer in ontario. Wonder what I can do! I am an adult have no previous dealings with the police. Already talked to the police and have a court date. They also have video tapes. Please let me know how what I can do? Thank you

I was charged with fraud under 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I need some accurate legal advice, please. I am shocked, confused and very depressed. I was charged with fraud under 5000, on May 14th. I live in Toronto, Canada. In a nutshell, I was with my mother's friend at a clothing store, and my mother's friend was caught switching price...

View more questions Search