Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogueseraph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2011, 06:18 AM
    Ask a tattoo artist?
    Hello,
    I have a really intricate, complicated detailed idea for a back piece. I want it to be centered around world beliefs. But only religious and philosophical.. No politics.
    I have started drawing it, and even though I am a decent drawer, it's far more complex, but I'm sure any artist could improve the design if they work of my rough draft? But I'm worried I might overwhelm or ask too much of an artist if I ask them for this, because of the intricacy and precision needed. One question is, do you generally pay the artist to do a sketch?

The second question, how much can a full back piece range to? And third, here is the description, what would you quote is around? I'm expecting it to be in the thousands.

I want four layers, The bottom layer is Hell, I want the devil reaching his hand through the crust of the earth to the second level, around him I want Hades, and Anubis, and I want a crimson dragon curled around Satan, and I want demons. I want this part at the bottom of my back, the bottom 1/5. and I want flames around them.

The second layer is Earth and I want two armies clashing, a modern soldier army, and a Medieval Knights army. In the middle I want satan's hand reaching up from between the armies creating a fissure, with a storm coming from satan's fist. I want there to be a Mosque on the Medieval side (left side) and I want a Torii gate on the Modern side (right) and the military surrounding and climbing on both of them. This is 1/8 of my back right above hell.

Then I want dark storm clouds emitting from Satan's fist, and I want there to be the four horsemen, where is look like they're running out of the black storm cloud, and off my back. I have a picture, that I want this to be.
    This is 1/3 right above Earth.

Above Sky is "Heaven".I want the harsh storm clouds to fade into Light white/peachish clouds. I want Brahma to be in the middle, surrounded by Odin, Thor, and other norse gods, with Osiris and Isis, Buddha, Zeus, and other important greek gods, I want Jesus to be behind Brahma towards the top of my back, with his halo/head at my collar line.

I want to incorporate a little more muslim, daoist and shinto as well But I'm not sure how yet.

I know this is extremely complicated, that's why I'm afraid to overloud a tattoo artist by asking for a sketch.. I'm open to changes but for the most part this is what I want.

Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 07:23 AM

If you can post a picture of what you have come up with as an idea of what you was thinking... it might help steer some of the more artistic types in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a tattoo artist [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I want to get a tattoo and I know exactly what I want to get.. I'm wondering how I could explain to the tattoo artist easily... and am hoping that it won't look that tacky.. u know what I mean.. I want a tiger tattoo but not the face or paws.. just the fur.. It would start from my upper...

Questions ask tattoo artist [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is getting out of prison soon, now while he has been in there he got some tattoos. How much more difficult isn't going to be to cover up tattoos done in prison rather than the ones done at a shop?

How Do You Go About Becoming a Tattoo Artist? [ 1 Answers ]

My son just turned 18 years old. He is very good at drawing and is interested in becoming a tattoo artist. I am wondering what he needs to do in order to do this?

How do you become a tattoo artist? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you become a tattoo artist please let me know if you know anything?:D

View more questions Search