Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2011, 05:43 AM
    1994 Sunfire
    My aunty had given me her 1994 Sunfire.
    It has some issues and we don't know what is wrong, and I am far from mechanical savvy but I want to kind of have an idea what could be wrong. First the car's power steering isn't working, what could cause this?
    Second, the car over heats... Which I know could be a headgasket, and if it is, would it be better to fix it (which I hear you have to take everything out anyways), or just to get a motor for $700 and switch them?

Also, would the motor have to come out through underneath (which my dad thinks.. ), or could you pull it out from the top?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 07:57 PM
    The PS doesn't work because the pump or the rack is broken. It overheats, could be a radiator, thermostat or other things but could be a head gasket. The car is 17 years old, apparently has major concerns and is worth $300. Sell the car for parts and get a better car. Why spend a thousand $$ for a car worth $300. In the factory, the entire drivetrain is put in from the bottom because they have the space underneath. In real life, the engine is pulled out the top with the hood removed.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2011, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestion to sell the car, but my dad and I are wanting a project car.. and we would rather pay nothing for the car and then put in $1000, then pay $500 and also put in $1000.
    Also, once for me to go out and buy a sunfire here (even a 94), I would pay AT LEAST $2000, probably closer to $3000.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 05:40 PM
    Comment on Emily94's post
    My $300 was in as is condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 pontiac sunfire 2.2 [ 1 Answers ]

Will not move when in reverse.revs and reverse lights on but does not

2004 Pontiac Sunfire [ 3 Answers ]

I have yet another question for you guys. I also own among my array of cars a 2004 Sunfire. This car is my primary car and it is a great little car. 120k miles and still pushing strong. But I have a feeling the mileage is starting to catch up. Here's what happens. 90% the car runs like a top....

98 sunfire [ 1 Answers ]

My dash gauges go hay wire need advice pronto

98 sunfire [ 4 Answers ]

All my gauges go haywire,the only ones that don't is the speedometer an gas.all the light gauges go off an on,the day lights also.

View more questions Search