Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 10:39 PM
    Laptop startup trouble
    I hope this is the right section for this. I'm not even entirely sure what the problem is though, so I may be way off.

Earlier today the battery on my laptop died. I was busy and didn't plug it in but didn't think anything of it until tonight when I went to charge it and turn it back on. Now suddenly I get this black screen with white text saying "boot device not found" and "please install an operating system on your hard disk."

It's a little hp mini110-3135dx, in case that's relevant. And I had been running windows 7 on it.

Normally my ex-boyfriend took care of all my computer things, but well, since he's the "ex" now I'm on my own and totally lost. If anyone can give me some computers for dummies instructions I would really appreciate it :)
    anish114 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Don't try anything on your own take it to the service center.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless zero configuration takes a long time to startup when I boot up laptop [ 11 Answers ]

I have a laptop with a built in network adapter, I believe intel 3945ABG wireless adapter. I use windows to manage my wifi because I don't like the intel pro set program. I recently am experiencing this problem. When I boot up my computer and log in to my account, it takes a good 2 or 3 minutes for...

After installing new software my laptop freezes on startup [ 1 Answers ]

After installing a new version of internet explorer, my laptop freezes on startup. How do I fix this?

Pavilion n5340 laptop needs startup password [ 1 Answers ]

Splash screen comes up then asks for a password. I do not have a clue on how to fix this. Any help would be great!

HELP! Laptop will not load w/ME on startup [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ibm think pad 390x 2626 running windows ME millennium. I was online and used the laptop all day.Shut it down properly and when I turned it on the following morning it would only boot up to the ibm thinkpad page with the message that says f1 for bios install. It will sit on that page and it...

View more questions Search