Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mschocbarbie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 10:13 PM
    Relationship is fast sinking.
    I've been dating a man since 3/31/11 and tonight he called stating that I took his dental floss, apple juice and ice tea and bagels and that I should have asked. He also stated that thus far he has spent $400.00 taking me out on dates and out to dinner. I have never asked him to do such and would have been happy to cook and stay at home.

The other night when I was with him he stated that he 'wanted to impress me' and I said, "you could've impressed me by being just your honest self and to show me love. I don't know what has gotten into him? He's never brought this up ever before? He has professed his undying love for me and has even asked me to move in with him and I told him the only way that I would do that is if he married me in that I have my own home, cars, etc.

He stated tonight that I made more money than him, but I collect a pension and I'm on social security disability and he himself is retired and work a part-time position for 4 hours/day. I was charged with shoplifting from Walmart for $150.00 in retail items and he said that he forgave for that and we would go on from there, but it seems like he's been harboring these feels without discussing them with me. He said that he needed time to think over all of this the taking of the bagels, juices and his dental floss. He also said that I owe him $200.00 for car repairs which I paid him immediately.

I don't know if he's talking to his sister or his friends as I'm African American and he is Caucasian but this never bothered him before and I don't understand where all of this is coming from? Can someone please tell me what is going on?? I'm at a lost for words to say the least as I thought we had a fantastic time together and got along famously.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

May 10, 2011, 10:52 PM
    At this point why even care why he is doing all this. After just one month of dating there is wayyy too much drama here! Why put up with it?

More than likely he is trying to scoop you for some cash. Kick him to the curb and move on!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 11, 2011, 02:54 AM

Well I am flossed,sorry,l o s t for words as well-the guy's a jerk-sorry it didn't work out-bin him.

Have nothing more to do with him-leave him to the more important things in his life -such as counting his loo rolls.

May 11, 2011, 06:29 AM
    Yes there is too much drama here and men always think that women bring the 'drama'. I do believe that someone put something into his head and don't know how to break up with me so he's bringing this on. I've done nothing to this man.
    I appreciate what you said. Thank you!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2011, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mschocbarbie View Post
    I've been dating a man since 3/31/11 and tonight he called stating that I took his dental floss, apple juice and ice tea and bagels and that I should have asked. He also stated that thus far he has spent $400.00 taking me out on dates and out to dinner. He has professed his undying love for me and has even asked me to move in with him and I told him the only way that I would do that is if he married me in that I have my own home, cars, etc.
    He said that in only dating you a month and a half? There is something fundamentally wrong with this man, and he is moving way too fast for a healthy relationship to be born from here. Also, why are you not defending yourself from these accusation he is making? You are letting him intimidate you into a corner without the possibility of defending yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mschocbarbie View Post
    He said that he needed time to think over all of this the taking of the bagels, juices and his dental floss. He also said that I owe him $200.00 for car repairs which I paid him immediately.
    You shouldn't have paid him anything. It is a blessing that he wants a break, what done is done and leave it at that, leave now, take the break and make it forever, this guy is filled with bull$hit and you don't need to put up with someone who is going to be treating you like this.

Good Luck,
    Javi

May 11, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Thank you all for helping me to see the light. I appreciate all of your responses and gave serious thought to each and ever one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 11, 2011, 03:06 PM

So you thought he was a cute normal guy, but it didn't take long to see the complete nut in him. Run, don't walk, away, before you are as nutty as he is. Unless you just love drama from a crazy person.

May 11, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Thank you Talaniman I will heed you advice as I do not want any drama in my life.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 12, 2011, 12:55 AM

Good decision-take care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

My relationship is sinking [ 18 Answers ]

Hello Everybody, I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and I really liked him as a child.. we went to elementary school together so basically we know each other for a very long time. I don't know what's been going on for the past few months but its like he doesn't give me any attention at...

My marriage is in trouble and sinking fast [ 3 Answers ]

First off, my husband and I recently made it to 20 years, most were decent but 8 yrs ago we started our own business. Sounds good doesn't it, not really. We opened an auto repair shop and on the whole we work well together. But in the last year and half finances have been rough. He works very...

Our relationship got off to fast and now the spark is gone, what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

So I've been dating this guy for about 2 and a half weeks and it seems like the spark that I used to feel just being in his company is gone. I don't get all warm and tingly when he holds my hand or kisses me anymore, it just feels normal, like he's just a friend. I don't know what to do because I...

View more questions Search