Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xMerlina Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 04:48 PM
    Mirror Reflection object-image relationships
    For a concave mirror, R is the distance from the vertex to the center of curvature, F is the distance from the vertex to the focal point, p is the distance to the object, q is the distance to the image, h is the height of the object, and h' is the distance to the image. Fill in the blanks with the symbols <,> or =.

1. If p > q then h ____ h'.
    2. If f < p < R then q _____ R.
    3. If p = R, then q ____ R.
    4. If h = h', then p ____ q.
    5. If p > R, then q ____ R.

I missed the class when the teacher taught us this, but I'll give it a shot...
    1. >
    2. not sure
    3. =
    4. =
    5. not sure... <?
    xMerlina Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 06:47 PM
    Oh, h' should be height of the image, not distance to the image...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far should an object be form a concave mirror of radius 0.36 m to form a real ima [ 1 Answers ]

How far should an object be form a concave mirror of radius 0.36 m to form a real image 1/9th of its size?

Body image & Relationships [ 32 Answers ]

IS YOUR PARTNER'S WEIGHT IMPORTANT TO YOU? If so, to what extant? The person I am dating has made some comments about my tummy. It is soft and I am getting back in to the gym. He claimed that I look 4 weeks pregnant by suggesting someone who did not know me may think that... and then he...

Is time lost in the reflection [mirror] process [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a 'time' lost in an interval between when photons hit a mirrored surface and are converted to a reflection? It seems to me, knowing very little, that for one photon to excite another to replace it is a process. A 'process' indicates a loss of time in order to accomplish the exchange. ...

View more questions Search