Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggonzales1017 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
    How to convert standard exhaust to forced exhaust
    I have an 80% efficiant forced air furance in good woorking condition and wood like to change from b vent exhaust to a pvc forced air exhaust
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Not sure you can do that on an 80% unit. 90%+ works OK but your flue vent temp may be too high. Why the desire to change?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:03 PM

I agree, no can do. Exhaust temps are too high for an 80% furnace, it would melt the PVC
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 03:29 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    2 great minds working as 1!
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ggonzales1017 View Post
    i have an 80% efficiant forced air furance in good woorking condition and wood like to change from b vent exhaust to a pvc forced air exhaust
    Indeed... why? Flue gas temperatures from a non-condensing furnace are too high to be safely vented with PVC. What is the problem with your existing B-vent?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom exhaust? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to vent your bathroom exhaust vent into your vent pipe from your water closet?

Car exhaust [ 3 Answers ]

Can we make interaction in the Car exhaust To convert carbon dioxide into na2co3+h2o ? Please help me

Why do my exhaust fan on my forced air unit keep turning it self on and off [ 3 Answers ]

Why do my exhaust fan on my forced air unit keep turning it self on and off

Camper exhaust [ 5 Answers ]

I have a camper that the furnace exhaust comes out of the trailer on the side we have a screen room. It is impossible to sit there when the furnace is on due to the exhaust. My question is can I pipe from the exhaust hole approx 1 1/2" diameter to a 4" exhaust pipe and use an 90 degree elbow at...

How efficient is it to convert gas forced air to electric forced air? [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid of a gas furnace, for fear of an explosion. I have had this fear since I was a little boy. Hence, I simply must have an electric heating system. However, the area in the MidWest where I have been considering has almost no electric homes, mostly because of the high electric rates...

View more questions Search