Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lehew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 12:18 PM
    Rudd ac questions?
    I have a new rudd air handler and 4 ton compressor, when the unit turns off there is a slight grunt noise. Installer says there is an electric brake on the blower at shut down ,this sounds good but is it true noise is not very loud ?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 07:39 PM

If you have a variable-speed indoor unit, the sound you hear is not unusual. DC motors have much stronger magnets than AC motors, and a pulsing sound at start-up & during coast-down is inherent to these types of motors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rudd to honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing my Rudd thermostat which has a White (E), Red (R), Green (G), Yellow(Y) Blue (B) and brown (X) wires coming from the wall. I am replacing it with a Honeywell RTH2410 thermostat which has O/B, Y, R, G and W/AUX connectors. The Y, R, W and G connections are easy. But what happens to...

Rudd furnace [ 4 Answers ]

The flame sensor is clean, but won't ignite. Fan just runs. No heat

Kevin Rudd [ 2 Answers ]

What's Kevin Rudds new plan for the IR laws? Ive looked everywhere and can't find ANYTHING on it :(. Any help would be very appreciated! :D Ben :)

Howard, Rudd? [ 1 Answers ]

So, perthians, sand gropers, banana benders, and the rest of my fellow australians, and any others who have an opinion What do you think? Labor or liberal? Howard or rudd? Is a union heavy labor party something to worry about? Has peter garret lost his passion? Do you think we should take the...

Rudd System [ 6 Answers ]

I have a brand new Rudd central air system. Worked great for the first month and a half. Now the condensing unit will cycle on and off in 20-30 second intervals. I checked the breaker and all connections. Is there maybe a high pressure switch that I may be missing?

View more questions Search