Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrgrund Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 09:18 AM
    Can a landlord force a contractual amendment without mutual consent
    If a rental contract for an apartment is in effect; can the landlord force an amendment to the contract without mutual consent of all parties?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 11:37 AM

A written contract can only be amended in writing.

I would say it's impossible to force someone to sign something they don't want to sign (short of holding a pistol to their head).
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgrund View Post
    If a rental contract for an apartment is in effect; can the landlord force an amendment to the contract without mutual consent of all parties?
    I have seen leases which refer to a separate set of rules. The lease will recite that the LL may amend the rules from time-to-time and that such amendments are effective upon advance written notice to the tenant. Are you talking about something like that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Please Help me! My brother died after his first motion in mutual consent divorce. His evil wife (only 2 years marriage) now is trying to get all my brother's heritage (i.e. the house of my parents-they still paying a house-loan). Is anything we can do to prevent this? Thank you in advance for...

Issuance of land contract without mutual owner consent [ 4 Answers ]

If 2 people are on a valid house title, can one create a 'land contract' with an individual without consent of other person on title?

What is considered unreasonably withholding consent - landlord entry to premises [ 6 Answers ]

:cool: I live in Haines City, Florida (Polk County). I am renting a house/property and the owner has decided to sell it. I told them I didn't want anyone entering the property while I'm not there (at work) and that they could show the house in the evenings or on weekends. My questions are:...

Can landlord force tenant to paint apartment before leaving? [ 10 Answers ]

I am currently living in an apartment pay month to month rent. I am wanting to move into a bigger apartment in the same building. The realty company has told me that they won't allow me to move from one apartment to another in the same building unless I pay a finder's fee (I paid one already when I...

View more questions Search