Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyjc Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2011, 05:54 AM
    Learning Tai Chi
    Hi Guys,

I started taking tai chi for the first time about a month ago at my local community center, which is located in Maryland. I feel frustrated after leaving because I am having a hard time getting the moves down. I rented out two videos along with two books from the library that have not been of any help for myself.

As an expert of tai chi, do you have any suggestions to ease the process of learning tai chi? Are there any books you could recommend?

Thanks,
    Amy
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 07:49 AM

Videos and books will only get you so far. Videos are better than books, and personal instruction is best.

So why did the videos not help you get the moves down?

Since you're taking classes locally, I'd think that your trainer would be able to give you some good suggestions for what to do on your own (with videos or books).

Remember that having someone with you that knows the art is going to be best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distance learning or traditional learning [ 4 Answers ]

which is more better distance learning or traditional learning?:)

Nervous chi. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lab, and she is friendly and loves people, I have a dalmatian he is the same, my terrior was the same to. Now I have a new 1 year old Chi. And he is so timid and scared. I don't know how to make him... friendly.Please help me.

Tai Chi Quan (Chuan) [ 8 Answers ]

Okay! I was wondering if anyone knows the fighting portion of Tai Chi Quan? Is this style meant for fighting? I did a bunch of research and it seems that people are taught different forms for strengthen balance and focusing chi. Are you suppose to learn a different fighting style and incorporate...

Looking for tai chi [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find a good tai chi group to practice with in the oakland, berkeley area? Carlos

View more questions Search