Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffanif Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 08:01 PM
    At the age of 16 can I move out into my aunts house without my parents consent?
    I do not get along with my right now - my aunt has offered to let me live with her next school year. Is my Mother aloud telling me I'm not aloud?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2011, 08:04 PM

Yes, your mother has the authority to tell you, a minor, that you are not allowed ("aloud" means "talking so someone can hear") to live with your aunt.

Now, tell us what is going on at home and why you and your parents aren't getting along.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2011, 08:16 PM

You can not move without your parents permission. So if mom says no, you can't move
    PeaceAndLove89 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 07:08 AM
    No, you can not move without your parent/guardians permission until the age of 18. However, if you have proof that your parent/guardian is unfit to look after you or if there are more serious problems occurring (physical or sexual abuse) than you can go to your county court and request information on how to become emancipated. You don't need your parent/guardians approval to become emancipated (basically relinquishing all of their rights and responsibility over you) but you will need sufficient evidence/reasoning depending on what your county/state requires for it to be granted.
    samuelspeak Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

May 13, 2011, 03:25 AM
    No, you can't if you are 16. You need to be at least 18 to do that.
    blaineatwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
    My aunt thinks I shouldn't because it would break my moms heart but I am 11 so I am going to in five years
    hyperhaley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Try this website it helped me tell my mom I wanted to move over 1,000 miles away from her. I hope it helps you.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110116181714AAb3KCc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I'd like to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents house, I am only 15, and I think that I could have my life together better if they weren't around all the time, I have thought this through, I can cook and clean, I'm not wanting to right away, not until I get a job and a car and I...

Legal age to move out without parents consent ontario? [ 19 Answers ]

What is Legal age to move out without parents consent ontario?

How old can you be to move out of your parents house? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know how old I have to be to move out of my parents cause they are all ways blaming me for stuff I don't do I am only 14 and I just want to know what you have to do to move out of my parents house so please help me thank you.

How can I convince my parents to let me get married and move out of their house? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, and have been with my boyfriend for over two years now. He is truly my best friend, and we know we feel the same way about our future, down to small details like what color we want to paint the living room in our first home. My parents have met him several times and really like...

How old do I have to be to move out of my parents house in Nebraska? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 and ill be 18 soon my dad and I are always getting into fights and he is always yelling at me for no reason. I have a job and I still g to school. And I could easliy go transfer to a new school if I move out. I am always spending my free time crying cause I get hurt by my dad yelling at me....

View more questions Search