Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beeler1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 04:37 PM
    No spark in my 460 ford motor
    I have a 79 bronco not getting any spark it just cranks over, gets fuel bought a new coil what else can I do
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

May 9, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Replace your ignition module, the old ford duraspark modules are fairly prone to failure. If you have the money and plan on keeping the bronco for a long time I would suggest replacing your duraspark ignition module with a complete ignition controller form msd, their street fire ignition goes for about $130 from jegs, and a replacement duraspark controller around $85 from your local parts store, if they can even get it. The other option for a replacement is buy one from a salvage yard or eBay, but that's a crap shoot on how long it will last.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 9, 2011, 08:20 PM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM). AutoZone Part No. F102, $30.99. Easy job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many spark plugs do I need for a 2005 Ford Taurus? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L. How many spark plugs do I need to buy to replace them all for this particular vehicle? Iv'e learned that each vehicle is different in numbers of spark plugs they consist of. How many spark plugs does a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L have?

Is the 2003 Ford diesel motor the same as the 2007 motor? [ 2 Answers ]

Is the 2003 Ford diesel motor the same as the 2007 motor?

1994 ford 302 no spark at the coil [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 e150 I replaced the tfi and coil I checked for power on both sides of the coil and I do have power but no spark

Ford escape back spark plugs [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the back 3 spark plugs on a 2005 Ford escape, V-6, 3.0L engine?

View more questions Search