Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vegasmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 12:33 PM
    When I set my ac's fan on, no air is blowing out? What do I do to fix this?
    I noticed that the copper tube was cold, and had a little frost on it the other day, but everything was running fine until I changed the motor on my other ac unit because the fan wasn't turning on it. Any suggestions? I read that if I turned the fan to the "on" setting, if there was a freeze somewhere it would defrost it and it should run fine. HELP!! Im in Vegas and its getting HOTT!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Is the motor running, or are you just feeling for air flow? Coils can take a long time to defrost. Air conditioners freeze up for a reason. Probably low on refrigerant charge, or airflow problems including bad motors, PC boards and plugged filters or coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My AC unit is blowing warm air, how do I fix it? [ 14 Answers ]

Is there a way to fix my AC Unit without calling a technician?

How do I fix my Rudd Air Conditioning Unit outside fan blades from blowing downward? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Rudd Air Conditioning Unit. My outside unit has two fans and one fan burned up. I had it replaced and now the replaced fan blows downwards instead of upwards. How do I fix it to blow the air up instead of down?

Trane 1000XE only blowing hot air when set to cool [ 4 Answers ]

10 yr. old Trane 1000Xe was cooling fine during the summer. It was even checked out by a professional A/C tech, who found it to be working Ok back in July. Two weeks ago we had to use the heat for a couple of days, and then we were able to go with out using the A/C at all for a week. The weather...

Thermostat set to heat but I'm getting cool air blowing [ 1 Answers ]

I have radient heating and a central air system. I currently have my heat set at 68 degrees and just this week the central a/c is blowing air off and on. The compressor is not running so what is going on? Any ideas? :confused:

View more questions Search