Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jan 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
    I'm back baby!
    Well guys, its been awhile since my last post and this may be the last one for me for awhile unless you find me rifting around for the hell of it. Anyway, when I first got on this site I was a wreck. Dumped, left, abandoned, and hurt. You can read into my history if you want. But this site helped me and I need to help some of you. Anyway, I got dumped, an interesting story, I spent a month begging, pleading, whatever you want to call it, to get the ex back starting in early December. I'd go a little while with no contact, get drunk and beg back. Well the day before new years I got plastered and decided at 4:30 in the am to check the ex's myspace and was completely shocked. So how about a 4:45 am call to the ex saying that I was driving to Indiana from Alabama to win her back! Thankfully a friend talked me out of it and she called me at like 6:30 am to talk me out of it. Still drunk and very upset I again got the message to don't bother. I told you guys this was going to be a long one. Well I woke up the next day and went through about 24 hours of embarrassment and decided to call the ex sober on Jan 2nd and we talked, and she again said she wouldn't reconsider, and that she wasn't going to call me because all I would want to talk about was getting back together but I could call her if I wanted. I said I wouldn't talk about the relationship anymore and she said yea right. Well I think that was my turning point. I didn't call... for weeks, and this was a girl who hadn't gone longer than a week from hearing from me. Well I guess about the 17th or 18th I found our camera under the seat of my car, and this weighed on my conscious for a day or two. Still thinking of wildcat telling me no contact no matter what. So I decided not to call, but I got to thinking, you know the only time this girl hears from me these days is when I'm a drunken sorry excuse for a man begging her back and I decided that I owed myself a little better than that and I knew time had passed and I was now much stronger. Well I called her Friday afternoon and after ringing for an eternity she finally answered and I could tell she was surprised. We had a good talk and I didn't drop the guard at all just played it smooth laughing and cutting up and told her to text me her address and I would send her the pictures. I made sure I ended the conversation. Anyway, she texted it to me a few hours later, I mailed them and didn't let her cross my mind for a few days. Well Tuesday I get a call and a voicemail from her saying she got the pictures and they reminded her of how happy she was with me, and part of me felt relieved, and part of me felt a little vindicated. I guess at this point I realized what had taken place over the last months and how much hurt I had been put through and whether I would respect myself if I took her back. My conclusion was a resounding NO! We talked earlier tonight and she apologized and wanted a second chance and I told her that was not the road I wanted to go down. I spent months beating myself up over this woman but it only took me two days to realize that I now had an option and what the smart option for me would be! I still love her but I'm not going to sell myself short. Now this is where you guys come into play. If someone had told me 3 weeks ago I would have a chance to get my ex back down the road I would listen like hell. But until you start having enough respect for yourself not too want them back, they probably won't want you, and when you do, you won't want them. I know the ex is the greatest thing to have ever lived, the most perfect specimen on the planet, that is better than anyone else out there, but if that's true, then you didn't deserve to be with them anyway. In the last 25 days I wouldn't say that I fell out of love, but I will say that I found people that made me feel good about myself, and I started going out again. A little pride never hurts when you are doing your own self evalution about your true worth! I hope this helps some. This site rocks!
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 25, 2007, 09:48 PM
    *Applauds*

Congratulations to you on your newfound sense of HUGE worth! Very happy for you!
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jan 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Great story copper, long as heck but great. Ya did good kid. Still, a little less contact would make you even stronger and more resilient. Thanks for sharing, you will help many here with that.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead6
    This site rocks!
    That story rocks copperhead6..

You are an inspiration to others in a similar position.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
    One piece advice. Lay off the booze - why al lthe booze? It's so unnecessary in life. You'd feel so much better about yourself

Sure once in a while is OK to let off some steam - but see all the stupid stuff you did on booze.

But - yes - you have to change. Change is good.

Good fot you though.
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jan 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Well I didn't mean that I was drinking all the time, but when I was was when I was doing the contacting. I might drink once or twice a week but that number has been down a lot lately! I know what you are saying though.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Right - that's what I meant. Alcohol makes us do stupid things.

Just go slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! If you do get back together with her. SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jan 27, 2007, 03:06 PM
    You are an inspiration to all of us! I am pleased for you, I hope we can all learn lessons, and that we all get the chance, at the end of our situations to make the ultimate decision - as we will all be strong by then : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Baby [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 12 years, well a year and a half ago we quit using birthcontrol and decided we would leave it up devine intervention. My birthday is July 15, 1973 and my husbands is July 2, 1973. Can anyone tell me if they see anything in the future as far having children?

Baby name [ 5 Answers ]

Is the name Rowan okay for a boy and does anyone know a middle name that would go with it?

Baby was taken [ 16 Answers ]

On may 23 of this year my daughter, then was eight months old, was taken from me because someone called DCF on my husband and me. My daughter had a bruise on the butt and they took her. They tried to blame it on my husband, he was arrested and then the charges of child abuse were dropped. Now we...

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

View more questions Search