Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Jan 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Oh my god am adicted to water
    OK I know when you go threw puberty you weiord things happen to you but I just turned 12 a few months ago and I've been really thirsty latley like I have up to 3 to 4 :eek: gallons of fluid a day and that doesn't seem enough and unless I'm covered in water or I was just wet I feel completely drained almost as if I need the water in my skin and my skin seems to prety much absorb it and feel better after word and I put a lot of lotion on and it I don't seem to get the same efect and I take a shower every day but it seems like I need to be covered in water all the time I don't get it when I was younger I loved the water and felt more comfterbal in water but this is just rediculus I need some help and has this got something to do with puberty and how can I help it
    Hiliana541 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Well water is good and if drinking lots of it that your in good shape, keep it up.
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 25, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Beware the evil spectre of water poisoning. Yes, too much water can kill you.

It leeches out the salts that are in your body, and are required to make your nerves work properly. If your 3-4 gallons of fluid per day are predominantly water, and you aren't taking in any salt (and even if you are), I'd consider seeing a doctor about it.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 10:48 PM
    A thirst for water like you have is sometimes the symptom of a disease, like diabetes and the post about is true. Water can kill you.
    Super16 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
    My Friend Said, This May Sound Strang That Maybe You Should Try To Get Your Diabties Checked Out.
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Jan 26, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Well I have lots of salt maybe that's why I happen to like salty things and I got my blood work done no diabties it says I'm in good shape
    IzzyWizzy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 04:54 PM
    I think it's fine and normal that you drink a lot of water! Better than drinking.. say, coke or something like that!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ging1994
    well i have lots of salt maybe thats why i happen to like salty things and i got my blood work done no diabties it says im in good shape
    Glad to hear you are getting your glucose checked. This was my first concern when I read your post.

Also, understand that there truly is such a thing as water intoxication. It can kill.

There is also something called an electrolyte imbalance. Drinking too much water can throw off your electrolytes and cause some SERIOUS complications. So, please be careful and limit yourself to LESS than one gallon a day.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 4, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I used to drink a lot of water when I was a teen, I think it was partly down to stress.
    Your body will normally tell you when you've had enough to drink - check with yoour doctor again in a few months time, just to be on the safe side.

I don't think you've got anything to worry about though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Do you need God [ 12 Answers ]

I know I do need god how about you I get through the daywith god I ask him for help and I get it but not all the time

Name of God [ 133 Answers ]

:rolleyes: What is the name of your God?

Please GOD help me. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old daughter and she needs to come and live with me. She had scabies for two months and my x never took her or the rest of the family to the doctor the minute I found out I took them to the doctor right away and he said they had them so I bought their medicine and when I called my...

Oh my god what do I do... [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months and I honestly thought that I loved her. I think that now I only really want her as a friend because she has tried to change me from what I am. I am the type who likes to go out and have fun with friends, and smoke and stuff like that. I was out...

View more questions Search