Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckbaxt Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Sep 9, 2003, 05:07 PM
    Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog
    I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a child's toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.
    Shoreside_Vale Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2003, 07:04 AM
    stuffedd toy dog
    Try Ebay
    DESTINY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2004, 01:50 PM
    stuffedd toy dog
    I, too, am searching for a Morgan dog. Just found one in NY that was from 1971 and blue. Just keep posting to these boards. That's where mine came from. I'm sorry I can't tell you the specific board (had a computer crash and lost my favorites). Good luck.
    angelsplace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2004, 07:30 AM
    stuffedd toy dog
    I've been searching for a Morgan dog for around 20 years now! I lost mine in my divorce in '84 and have been searching ever since. What the one I'm looking for is white with that squeeker thing in his nose and a black bulbous nose... it also came with an elastic loop on his back.. which was cut off by me so it doesn't need to be there either.. of course my dog had sewn on eyes because mine were gone and his nose was bleached out and half his stuffing was gone.. so basically any Morgan in any condition would be fine!

I thought I was the only person looking for one of these! Wasn't he made by Knickerbocker? If not... anyone know who made him? Also.. how did he get his name? I wish I had a picture of mine so I could post it somewhere.. if anyone has a pic of one of these, can you post it? It would help the rest of us that are looking... sort of a "have you seen me" post? ;D
    johnbristow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2004, 08:18 AM
    Re: Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog
    I can't help you with the Morgan dog but there is a good
    Website with some nice pictures.
    Morganthebassethound.com
    angelsplace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2004, 08:26 AM
    Re: Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog
    MY GOD!! THAT'S HIM!!

Thanks so much for the website!  Everyone I have asked if they have seen one of these want's a picture and I don't have any pictures of my old Morgan!  I lost him tragically in my divorce many years ago.. I got the kids.. he burned Morgan in the back yard! I have been searching for something on him for YEARS!  Finally Pictures so I can get everyone on the look out for one!  I need a white one!

Thanks for posting that website!  How on earth did you find it?
    little rozy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2005, 07:57 PM
    Morgan dogs are the best!
    I have a morgan dog. I will try to borrow a digital camera and post a picture. I was given Morgan as a birthday present in 1961. I still love that dog. I remember dragging it behind me on a rope, I gave it a walk almost everyday! My mom preformed surgery on Morgan as he lost all his stuffing one time and I think one other time my mom just thought he needed to gain a little weight. My morgan has brown felt eyes with a button in the middle. The only fur left on the poor thing is a patch under each limb and a little fuzz on his ears.

I wish I had an extra one to give to you, I couldn't part with this one. Maybe someone could take a pattern from one and start selling them again.
    IamaMorgan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 03:57 PM
    Morgan
    Rmember Morgan the dog!!
    I also have been searching for Morgan. Mine was loved to pieces!! I was shocked to hear about the one that got burned by an X spouse!! How terrible!! I think there was something special about these dogs. They gave so much comfort!! I am a house wife who has had 4 kids who never had the joy of an extra special Morgan!! I have decided that I am going to start making Morgans! Darn it!! Nobody else is making them!! All the kids have these stupid character dolls that they forget about in a month!! I would like to make something the kids would treasure like we did!!
    Wish me luck:). Lizbeth
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Jul 27, 2005, 03:55 PM
    I think we have one of these little dogs in a closet at my mom and dads. I think it was a baby gift for me in 1979
    sj022698 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2005, 07:00 PM
    Morgan Dog
    Any suggestions on where to find one?
    Anywhere!!

My mom has been looking for decades. It would be a great xmas present.

Thanks,
    Justin
    hotwired Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 08:58 AM
    I have one
    I have him! Got him few months before I was born, 1965. Performed operations on him, added paper hearts and lungs when I wanted to be doctor, surgically removed his music box when it broke, nose still squeaks if you do it just right and the elastic to hold the baby bottle is still there. Means too much to sell, but I might consider one million dollars!! No just kidding but wanted to post this because I was amazed there was still some out there.
    angelsvintageattic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
    I found someone that makes Morgan replicas!! I got one!

She's really nice.. she custom made a white one for me since that was the one I needed! Of course it was brand new looking so I let my Bengal kitten have some fun with it and soon it will be back to the mess he was when I lost him in my divorce! :D She's already ripped his juggler vein out and half his stuffing... gnawed on his eyes and nose and shook him around the room like a rag doll... almost perfect!!

These make perfect baby gifts when you need a brandy new one since finding a new one is near impossible now! And her price is so cheap too! I've seen old raggy Morgans go for over $100 on eBay and her's are brand new at only $29!

Here's a link to one of hers right now! First one sees it gets it! eBay: Stuffed Plush Basset Hound dog Morgan w/ squeaky nose (item 140089268990 end time Feb-25-07 16:52:28 PST)

Who ever buys him.. let her know that her auction is posted here so everyone knows where to get one and she needs to get moving on making more!
    kathib20874 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 07:44 PM
    I have a Morgan... he's not in the best of shape because I got him at a yard sale when I was one year old and I'm now 33. I JUST found out his real name but he's been known as Baby Sox all these years so his name won't be changed... he knows himself to be Baby Sox! I tried to load photos to this site but it keeps failing. Anyone who wants photos e-mailed to them can e-mail me... [email protected]
    ldytweety Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbaxt
    I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a childs toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.
    I had I think the same thing I have had this one for over 35 years, My mother had gotten it at gimbels department store in Commack, NY. Mine is pink and the fur is really worn off. The squeaker still works after I had given it surgery to figure out why. His eyes were black with white felt and then brown under that. He had a red tongue that that is long since gone.
    Cookie from the Bronx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 07:49 AM
    I also had a Morgan Dog and the year was 1954! He was my best friend throughout some very trying childhood years. Got him at about age 4. I am so amazed to see others hunting for him. I had him in tan and my Grandmother bought him for me for Christmas. She got him at Macy's in the Bronx, the Parkchester store. I had him until I was 17 and lost him in a move.
    Tuckerfala Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 04:08 PM
    I don't know if you are still interested but I have a morgan dog (pink)
    KISS6789 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 02:46 PM
    I Just Saw One Listed On Ebay The Item Number Is 270265384499.
    Good Luck!!
    Kim Kiss6789
    Proftel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 05:46 PM
    I know it was 2 years ago but do you have contact information for the person that made your Morgan. We are looking for one also.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsvintageattic View Post
    I found someone that makes Morgan replicas!!! I got one!

She's really nice..she custom made a white one for me since that was the one I needed! Of course it was brand new looking so I let my Bengal kitten have some fun with it and soon it will be back to the mess he was when I lost him in my divorce! :D She's already ripped his juggler vein out and half his stuffing...gnawed on his eyes and nose and shook him around the room like a rag doll...almost perfect!!!!

These make perfect baby gifts when you need a brandy new one since finding a new one is near impossible now! And her price is so cheap too! I've seen old raggy Morgans go for over $100 on eBay and her's are brand new at only $29!

Here's a link to one of hers right now! First one sees it gets it! eBay: Stuffed Plush Basset Hound dog Morgan w/ squeaky nose (item 140089268990 end time Feb-25-07 16:52:28 PST)

Who ever buys him..let her know that her auction is posted here so everyone knows where to get one and she needs to get moving on making more!!
    Proftel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 05:50 PM

Where can I get a morgan stuufed dog?
    dance2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Comment on kathib20874's post
    Are you interested in selling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search