Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    symara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Continuing pension
    My stepmother was married to my father for 2 years and 5 months when he passed. There were no children of their marriage. My father was in receipt of a private pension and on his death my stepmother started to receive a widow's pension. She has now remarried.

I want to know whether she is still entitled to a widow's or state pension since remarrying and if not, who would be entitled to the pension now ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2011, 05:27 PM

Yes, she was the beneficiary of your father's pension. Her remarriage doesn't change that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2011, 05:37 PM

She still gets it, unless there was terms in the contract about remarriage. ( and I doubt there would be)

I have to ask why is this in question ? Are they denying her the payment ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you change your pension into a disability pension does that become marital asset? [ 5 Answers ]

Married 4 years husband became disabled changed his pension into a disability pension am I entitled to the pension? I read that once you change your regular pension while married into a disability pension it becomes a marital asset. We are in the process of getting a divorce, I received a letter...

I am from the UK,now a US citizen,why should my UK pension reduce my US S/S pension [ 0 Answers ]

I worked in England to get the pension,this was before I came to America.I paid into a scheme for this and paid taxes. Thanks. Dennis Lines.

Transfer US Pension to a UK Pension Plan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a US citizen permanently livng in the UK. I currently have a US pension that I would like to transfer to a UK pension plan. Will the IRS allow me to do that? From what I have read, tax-free transfers are allowed from one qualified plan to another qualified plan, or to an IRA. And according to...

401 or state pension 25 year pension [ 1 Answers ]

I always wonder if I had a 401k insteed of a state pension. The period is from: 1969-1994. I received $1,000 a month for life. Have already received $192,600 But what about other scenario. 401K investment plan during the same period. Would it be better, the same, or worst?? ...

Pension tax penalty for continuing employment [ 1 Answers ]

I am 63 years old. Would like to retire from Goodyear Tire where I had 20 years employment before Loral bought Goodyear Aerospace in '87. Goodyear tells me my Goodyear pension could be subject up to 10% tax penalty if I start that pension before retiring from my current job at a successor company...

View more questions Search