Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

May 4, 2011, 01:36 PM
    JOB DILEMMA: Need Advice
    Hello everyone! It's been a long time :-)

Got to question! I work for the state doing clerical duties. I like it, but I HATE talking on phones!

My mom works at a place where talking on phones are minimun. Her workplace is mostly processing and data entry. She works at a IT place if you want to call it that. For ex, if someone has a problem with their phones or computers then she is who they call to put tickets in to get it fixed. She said they only get like 2-5 calls per week! I may be given a chance to work there. That would be the best job for me I think because I won't have to worry about being on phones much.

Both jobs pay the same amount of money.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do? Any advice for me?

JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 4, 2011, 02:01 PM

I'd work at whichever place makes me happier.

Is this the same job - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ml#post2508085
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

May 12, 2011, 07:52 AM
    Sorry for the long delay, No that is not the same job. I finally do have a permanent job with the state... I'm just not feeling the job and I am not all that happy with it. It's okay, but I would rather be some place else.

Haven't heard anything from the place where my mom works, but I think I would be happier there because 1)my mom works there :-) and she knows how to keep me sane in tough situations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Design a job description and job spesification for a hypothetical job [ 1 Answers ]

ABC company has a problem of motivation among their factory floor workers.the management decide to increase the amount of task to be performed by some employees while providing more authority to some of the employees to performe duties.Along with these changes another set of empoloyees werw give an...

Advice/Help On Being Fired From Job [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I went into work and found that I was being terminated. I work for a grocery/retail store as a cashier and on the sales floor. They told me I was being terminated because when I would check the customer out I would give them a coupon from our own flyer to save them a little more on the item...

Dilemma! (Job in archives) [ 2 Answers ]

I am soon to become a history graduate and had decided that I would like to work in museums/archives. I had therefore decided the best way forward was to do a MA in Museum Studies to which I have been accepted. However, recently I have been told about a job with a local archive center which is a 2...

Need PSYCHIC advice on job [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently asked to do a modeling job with professional photographers and models. I'm so scared because I've never worked with professionals before. I really want to do this because I have always wanted to be one of those women in fashion magazines. Its also a great way for me to do more...

View more questions Search