Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SOMA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2003, 03:42 PM
    Chain saw  old gas not removed
    I have a chain saw that has had gas in it for approx 2 yrs. Supprizingly enough it was still liquid. I poured the gas out & I am wondering what I should use or do next? Any help appreciated
    bushbob Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2003, 01:57 AM
    chain saw old gas not removed
    It's not likely the chain saw will start with all the old gas still in the carberator. You can buy gas treatment just for this problem. Fill up with fresh gas and try to start it. Chain saws can be a real pain to keep running
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2003, 12:44 PM
    chain saw
    Hi Soma, This is a little late but I just came on board. Go down to your auto supply store and purchase a can of "CARB CLEANER" this is solvent that will not only clean your carburetor, but also linkage, the automatic choke on your car and PVC valves. Good luck, Tom
    peprhill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2003, 06:23 PM
    chain saw
    What I have done in the past is clean the tank and carburator. Be careful with carb parts so they all go back in the right place. Use a good carb cleaner that can be found at most parts stores. Peprhill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saving tile that needs to be removed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to remove the tile from my entryway. I want to remove it, but don't want to break the tiles when removing them, since my plan is to use it in another portion of the house. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Want to Be Removed from a Will [ 2 Answers ]

I do not want to be in my mother's will. I am in dispute with my brothers. I don't want to be involved with them at all after my mother's death. Right now I am named with my brothers for her property to be equally divided. I wish to write a letter that I do not want to be involved at all. What...

Black     ural Nationalism [ 1 Answers ]

Why would the formulation of a black aesthetic have been necessary at the moment in history of the Civil Rights / Black Power movement; and is it still a useful ?

View more questions Search