Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigglez3576 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 12:51 PM
    A 40 kg cart moving up a frictionless slope at what height does it stop?
    A 40 kg cart is moving on a level ground at 10 m/s wgeb work is done upon it in such a way that its kinetic energy doubles. How much work was done on the cart?

For this I got 6000J

The second half of this question I'm not sure how to approach.
    The cart mentioned about is now sent up a frictionless ramp how high does it climb before it comes to a stop?

Please help
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

May 5, 2011, 12:56 PM

The kinetic energy when the cart starts is

If you double it to 4000J, you've added 2000J of energy, which means you must have done 2000J of work.

For the second part, now that the cart has 4000J of kinetic energy, all of that will be converted to gravitational potential energy as it goes up the ramp. Hence you set beginning kinetic energy to the final gpe:

and solve for h.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E say that it is because of change in column height that causes osmosis to stop. [ 3 Answers ]

Refer to the diagram supplied: We say that it is because of change in column height that causes osmosis to stop. But, doesn't osmosis stop when concentrations of solutions are equal? And if atmospheric pressure were not to be present, would the level go up higher or not?

Two objects and a frictionless pulley ? [ 1 Answers ]

Two objects of masses of 1 kg and 5 kg are connected together by a light string that passes over a frictionaless pulley. What is the tension in the string? What is the Acceleration of the block? This question doesn't come with any type of diagram or description of the setup. Do I assume that...

Height of angle stop for toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Height of the angle stop on a toilet and the distance from the wall for the toilet ?

Physics forces that are frictionless [ 1 Answers ]

The horizontal surface on which the block of mass 2.7 kg slides is frictionless. The force of 38N acts on the block in a horizontal direction. The force is 76N acts on the block at an angle of 60 degrees. The accleration of gravity is 9.8m/2. What is the magnitude of the resulting accleration of...

Calculating slope and change in slope (Mathcad) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been using mathcad for a only a few weeks, so my knowledge of it is limited. I have a set of data points which I have created some polynomial and cubic splines on a graph. What I want to do is calculate the slopes and change in slope of the curves. Any help on a mathcad...

View more questions Search