Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moemac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 05:51 AM
    Kitchen plumbing
    Dbl sink, with disposal and dishwasher attached. We're getting a rotten smell that lingers in the dishwasher... what so I do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 4, 2011, 06:46 AM

Could be several things but we need to do a bit of testing to whittle the list down. Things could be rotting in the sump area of the washer or it could be the hot water itself. Hydrogen sulfide gas can be produced in the hot water heater so lets start with that. Using the same faucet fill two buckets half full of water, one all hot and the other all cold. Drape a towel over your head in a tentlike fashion and lower your face into each bucket, smell the water several times. Does eoither or both smell like rotten egg? Rotten Egg Odor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen plumbing vent [ 3 Answers ]

The venting pipe for my kitchen sink runs horizontally for a run of about 5 feet before it turns and runs up the wall and out. My problem is that the pipe runs about 4 inches above the level of my counter top. I have a new window to install there and the rough opening framing will end right in...

Kitchen Plumbing Dilemma [ 1 Answers ]

Unbeknown to me, my husband, bless his heart, poured some grease down the kitchen sink and clogged it--at least we think so. After I took loose the PVC pipes and saw that they were allowing water through, I knew the alleged clog was further into the pipes that I couldn't take apart. We used two...

New Kitchen Sink Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

I have replaced our kitchen cabinets and now will put in a new sink. The new sink has the drains in different places (farther apart and close to the back wall) than the one we replaced. Can I put a 90 elbow coming directly out of the wall to drain directly into 1 drain, or should I try and...

Plumbing, Kitchen Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I had water in my kitchen sink last night. This morning my daughter was using the sink, water came out of the faucet, used the sprayer, which sprayed water, and suddenly the water stopped. There is nothing coming through the sprayer or the faucet. Cannot find water leaking anywhere. Tried...

Kitchen plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

The water flow through the faucet and spray periodically shuts off. Sometimes if I pump the spray while the water is turned off, then turn it on, the flow begins again. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm going crayz...

View more questions Search