Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anchient_age Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 07:14 PM
    Wiring switch to Goodman air handler
    I recently had to replace my 1992 3 ton Goodman heat pump... the air handler was replaced as part of the deal. I kept the old air handler, took the 'A' coil out of the bottom, cut the housing off to make it shorter and added a stand with filter to the bottom. I put duct work bending the air so I can use it as a fan in my workshop in summer and a heater in winter. My problem is getting a switch rigged up so I can run the fan only or the fan and the heater coil. Running 220 volts to the main power block is not a problem, but I have a brown, red and two white wires that went to the thermostat. This is where I'm needing help. I plan to use a 3 position switch, Off, Fan, Fan & Heater. Can you suggest which wire goes where? Thank you!
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2011, 03:34 AM

I'm guessing that the wiring diagram label is no longer present.. The red wire would be the control power to the switch. Beyond that, you will have to trace the other wires to their destination. One of them likely goes to the control common, one to the blower relay, and one or more to the heat relay(s). I would recommend using a thermostat instead of a switch, for the sake of temperature management that doesn't require your constant attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman air handler will not turn off themostat is in off [ 1 Answers ]

Goodman air handler will not turn off, themostat is in off position.

Goodman aepf air handler [ 0 Answers ]

I am currently having a problem with a goodman 16 seer air handler after the system meets temperature the blower motor keeps running. I have done several things and even called goodman tech support and got no help. I want to know if it has something to do with the purple wire that comes off the...

Wiring air handler goodman A-30 [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to take goodman air handler A-30 from straight ac and convert to heat pump fan coil only has three low voltage wires how do I go about wiring?

Wiring Diagram for a Goodman Air Handler [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can obtain a wiring diagram/schematic for a Goodman Air Handler? The Model# is AEPT 030-00C-1A; Serial #0508047623; 208/240v - single phase; 2 amp 1/2 HP motor. Thanks. Eugeno

View more questions Search