Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

May 3, 2011, 08:43 AM
    A psycological pattern to do with memory building which I have noticed...
    I have noticed a psycological pattern in myself and others. It is to do with the process of memory building.

What I have noticed, is that when people form memories of events and social gatherings, they tend to only remember information or faces that will be significant to them in the future. For example...

Personally, I went to an open evening at a school almost 2 years ago now. I don't remember much about the evening; in fact the only thing I remember clearly is the face of the guy who, 1 and a half years later, I have just started talking to and am now very good friends with (and we might start dating soon). Why did I remember his face and voice above everyone else's? I didn't fancy him at the time so what I am wondering is, did my subconcious mind some how pick up that information to remember because it knew that one day I would get to know him properly? He is also the only person I remember from another social event I went to, shortly after that.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

May 3, 2011, 10:05 AM

So my question being: has anyone else noticed this and is there a psycological theory or hypothesis that fits what I have noticed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I overclock my memory on my ami bios with kingston hyperx ddr3 memory? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Asus m4a785td-v evo motherboard and ami bios. I also have an amd phenom II x2 555 black editon processor. And kingston hyper x 4gb ddr3 Ram. But I can't find anywhere in the bios to over clock my memory, help?

Has anyone noticed this pattern? [ 14 Answers ]

Last week, citing the March jobs report, Obama said "we are beginning to turn the corner" on jobs. This week, jobless claims rose "unexpectedly." Seems every time there is some less than good economic news it's "unexpected." 1/19/10 US home builder sentiment unexpectedly fell in January ...

Having quite a few psycological problems in this relationship. [ 3 Answers ]

My age is currently 16, and while some may argue that is too young to be caring about relationships can all take a hike (yes, take a hike, as I'm sure what I really mean will be blocked). So here is the story. I met this girl in 7th grade, and for the past 4 years I have been secretly in love with...

The psycological effects of hip hop on teens in america [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know what kinds of psycological effects are related to hip hop and what studies or stats show this

View more questions Search