Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ClassWork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Why are sites that require user and passwords saying access denied?
    Help me please!
    My desktop will not allow me to access certain sites that require me to input my user id and my password. When I enter the information and hit enter/submit, it deletes the id and password and displays that I forgot my password. I grab my laptop and enter the same information and I'm able to access the site. My desktop will also not allow me to create user ids and passwords for certain sites. When I created my Writeboard I had to use my laptop, instead of my desktop. My husband tried to access his bank account a few weeks ago on the desktop, as he'd done previously, and was forced to use the laptop.
    Whatever2011 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2011, 09:42 AM
    I think it as to do with the settings on your desktop computer. You should have it looked at by someone who really knows a great deal about computers. You can also call your Internet Service Provider and they might be able to help you with your problems. I have had basically the same problems last year and my Internet Service Provider helped me step by step and my problem was solved. You should try it, because it is pointless to have a computer that you can`t get full access to any website and when it`s fix, both you and your husband will be very happy with separate device that can access any internet site up on your request :) Good luck hun.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 3, 2011, 09:46 AM

Have you confirmed that capslock or numlock is not on on the desktop?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

May 3, 2011, 10:47 AM

Do you get a prompt stating you do not have access or does it simply say incorrent username/password?
    gmontague0205 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Which web-browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome? It sounds like it's a problem somewhere in the browser you are using. Download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, then see if while using one of those you are able to log in to one of your websites.
    gmontague0205 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 11:24 PM
    Which web-browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome? It sounds like it's a problem somewhere in the browser you are using. Download Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, then see if while using one of those you are able to log in to one of your websites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE doesn't save passwords on all sites [ 0 Answers ]

On one of the sites I visit daily(www.zap2it.com) Internet Explorer doesn't save the password. The result is that I have to log in every visit. And every time I change pages on the site which is a real nuisance. On other sites there is no problem. Also if I use Firefox there is no login issue on...

Access denied [ 1 Answers ]

This message is coming when I am trying to open a folder from a computer in a local area network. The operating system is vista home \\computer\folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resources. Server to find out if you have access permission. Access is...

Documents and settingsuser account is not accessible - Access is denied [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have run into a big problem that I hope someone can help me with this? My old C drive one day would not boot up windows for some reason? It displayed "bad boot sector id" or something like that? What I did was to purchase and install another HD and set my ole C drive as a slave. I...

Passwords and user names [ 4 Answers ]

In the past, when Windows asked if I'd like it to remember my passwords and user names I have said yes. Now I'd like to remove that info so passwords and user names must be entered each time. How and where do I do this? I have Norton System Works 06 installed if that helps.

User names and passwords [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to know what user names and passwords have been used on different web sites, even thought the browser history has been deleted?

View more questions Search