Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pianochick90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Historically accurate movies about the 20th century?
    I need a historically accurate movie about some event in the 20th century. I need to write a review on one. But I cannot think of any.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2011, 06:15 PM

OK 1900 through 1999 and you can't think of an accurate movie from that time frame, there are lots. The first one I read/saw as a kid was "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" How about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papillon_(film) Both were books and movies.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 2, 2011, 06:28 PM

Whose version of history?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 3, 2011, 01:04 PM

A few that come to mind are:

"Apollo 13," like the title says...

"Tora, Tora, Tora," about the bombing of Pearl Harbor on Dec 7, 1941

"The Longest Day," about the D-Day invasion of Normandy by the Allies on June 6, 1944.

"Nixon," about the David Frost interviews that were conducted shortly after Nixon resigned.

"The Killing Fields," about the massacres in Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge in the mid-late 70's.
    Pianochick90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 08:02 AM
    It has to be Western Civ history (prolly should have specified that lol) And no I couldn't think of any... my mind went blank. :p And thanks SOOO much for ya'lls help!! I really appreciate it! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Historically accurate movies about the early 20th century aristocracy? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm putting this in History as the most important part of it is the historical accuracy... :) I'm looking for films that portray the British aristocracy of the early 20th Century - films similar to Gosford Park, Atonement, Bright Young Things etc. Ideally the films would include interaction with...

Historically controversial issue [ 4 Answers ]

Need help to find a Historically controversial issue from pre-20th century. >followed by a how question about the issue.

20th Birthday [ 8 Answers ]

Well, my birthday is in about a month now.. it's on December 31.. Im almost a new years baby lol. Every year my birthday ends up horrible.. I can never figure out what to do, and I end up sitting around the house all day. I want this year to be different. I'm putting an end to my teenage years...

Congress vs. Presidency during the late 20th century [ 3 Answers ]

Who holds the most power and what did the presidents do during this period

View more questions Search