Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlynch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 03:08 PM
    New dryer causes furnace smells?
    We installed a new front load washer and dryer - the term high efficiency was mentioned when we bought the set - sit in the same room as a forced air furnace. Every time the furnace comes on the house smells of "heat" - a dusty/heat smell that you know the furnace is on. The furnace has a direct outside fresh air feed - but is the high efficiancy aspect of the dryer causing something with the furnace...
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 05:35 PM

Does this only occur when the furnace and the dryer are running at the same time?
    jlynch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 07:32 PM
    No - when the furnace runs alone -- beginning to wonder if it is a separate issue from the dryer. I just remember hearing from someone that it is typical when you put in a high efficiency dryer... now that I think of it --- what's typical about this -- is it drawing more dust or something through the face of the burner and the smell of dusty heat comes from that... or does the furnace need a service call to get to the bottom of this unusual smell. Never existed before the new dryer -- old regular everyday dryer prior to the new model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer smells [ 0 Answers ]

I have a gas dryer from sears, A month ago I took the front lower cover off and cleaned the lint all around up to the blower motor. Within the last couple of days its drying clothes but it smells like burning lint. When I worked on it a month ago I also took the vent apart and cleaned them.

Whirlpool dryer gew9868kq0 smells like gas [ 2 Answers ]

2001 Whirlpool Calypso electric dryer GEW9868KQ0. The last several days when drying clothes, the dryer, clothes & the entire downstais smells like gas or oil. I just had preventative maintenance done on both washer & dryer yesterday by Sears Home Services. I told service tech about problem, he even...

Thermopride oil furnace smells oily sometimes [ 3 Answers ]

Sometimes my thermopride furnace kicks out smoke out of the front near transformer and also get smell out of register. Have tried having it cleaned but no dice.

My Dryer smells so bad! [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer when it is on has the worst smell I have ever smelled before its kind of hard to say what it smells like but it bad! It stinks up the whole house. We clean out the lint thing every time before we use it. Does anyone know what it might be?? :mad: The best way I can say what it smells like...

View more questions Search