Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiyaaxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 12:01 PM
    My periods are late but I have had brown discharge what is this?
    I have unprotected sex quite often. Last month my periods were 10 days late but eventually came, this month I am late again by about 2 weeks but 1 week ago I got brown discharge, it lasted for about 4 days. Some days there was more discharge than other days. Can you help? I'm confused.
    v1x1n1y1y1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2011, 12:52 PM

Similar thing with me. I had protected intercourse but I am late on my period and I have been having this brown discharge for a couple days now. This is the first time this has happened to me and I don't know what is wrong with me or if it is normal.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2011, 01:00 PM

If you're concerned about pregnancy, try a pregnancy test. If you're concerned for your health, see your doctor.

We can't diagnose over the internet, it simply isn't possible.
    v1x1n1y1y1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2011, 01:01 PM

Well for me I did try and pregnancy test and it came out negative so what other explanation is there for this brown discharge before my period?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by v1x1n1y1y1 View Post
    Well for me I did try and pregnancy test and it came out negative so what other explanation is there for this brown discharge before my period?
    Brown discharge is a sign of old blood.

There's really no way for anyone to tell you what it is via the internet. There could be many different reasons for it.

Really, the only solution is to see your doctor if you're concerned.
    thegreatpoptart Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2011, 02:19 PM
    A female body is a difficult thing to understand. A hormone balance, even if you've been regular your whole life, may cause you to become irregular.
    This is normally caused by some non-ordinary activity or lack-there-of in your normal life. For those who don't use protection. I've always been un-ordinary in my monthly cycle and sometimes to an extreme. HAVING SEX IS DANGEROUS AT THIS POINT. There is no way to truly regulate yourself even with the pill. A doctor's diagnosis is always and the only real way to identify if you're pregnant and even then can prove false if to soon.

Having brown spotting (during period or no) only means several things, you're pregnant, you're body is undergoing a biological change or an overly and possibly dangerous to your health emotional instance has arose. A lack of physical activity may also be the cause.

Once again, a physician is the only way to know for sure. For pregnancy reasons there are may non-profit organizations dedicated to helping possible mothers to be in every state. They have advice to help prevent and provide for the future of any offspring you may have, despite what you may choose for you and your unborn child's welfare (ABORTION OR SO FORTH) Please use this to you're advantage. These women (and sometimes men) are trained, taught and generally born within the premise of self to help you in your ordeal no matter you decision. DO NOT RIGHT THEM OFF BECAUSE IT IS FREE ADVICE! Otherwise, only a doctor can tell you for sure with testing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge in between periods? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My gyn gave me new birth control pills that I have been on for 5 months now. But total I have been on birth control non stop for 5 years. My last period was November 2nd-nov 5th but it was bright red blood just dark black blood, streaky and brown discharge. I started my new pack on because...

Brown clotty discharge but no periods? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I am experiencing some brown discharge which is baffling me. I'm overdue my period of around 10 days but feel like I should have them, but instea d I have brown clotty discharge. It is not heavy at all and is coming and going. I have lower abdominal light pain. I keep thinking I am going...

Brown discharge instead of bood on my periods [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have recently had sex an when I came on my period there was no blood just brown stuff what could this mean - do I need to see a doctor- should I wait and see if it happens again!

Brown discharge no periods [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to conceive since 9 months and I am not on the pill. As far as I remerber, I have always had regular periods preceded by cramping. This time, no cramping, no periods (already 2 weeks after the expected date). Instead, I got some very light brown discharge (not pink, not mixed with...

View more questions Search