Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARK M Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Jan 25, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Pain And Swelling In The Foot
    My Girlfriend Woke Up The Other Day With Pain And Swelling In Her Left Foot At First We Just Thought She Had Possibly Sprained It Somehow But Just Now She Felt Like A Popping Sensation And Can't Put Any Pressure On It! Any Ideas? Cheers
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Jan 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Well, mark, this is the second post I have seen in the past day, or so, about someone waking up with pain and swelling in the foot. The strange thing is that there seems to be no related trauma or injury to justify the pain and swelling.

Therefore, rather than assume this is pain from poor fitting shoes or streanous activities, I am going to have to suggest that you seek a Physician for advice. One of my biggest fear is that this is a heart related problem, causing edema or swelling due to poor circulation.

Swelling causes the area around it to expand and get larger. When this happens, the swelling can push on bones and cause them to slide out of their socket.

This should return to normal once the swelling goes down, but first, she should see a Physician to rule out something more serious as being the cause of swelling. If this is only a simple dislocation, an X-ray or MRI can be a valuable tool in these situations.

Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Side of foot pain [ 10 Answers ]

I am having pain on my right foot on the side. It is painful if I walk a lot and with certain shoes. Even aerobic sneakers make it painful

Foot Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have moderate pain and swelling on the side of my left foot (outside), slightly below and to the front of the ankle. No bruising, no major injury... lasted for about 5 days, improves a bit with elevation and ice... I run, am a bit overweight, not diabetic, NG

Foot pain need help [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm in marching band and I've done so for the past three years (this is my fourth) and I've never had problems with my feet it's always been my knees and sometimes ankles. However recently, I've been getting these sharp pains in the arch of my foot when I stand on the balls of my feet when I'm...

View more questions Search