Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathie76022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Is it legal in Texas to buy a travel trailer and decide to sell it without putting it
    Is it legal to buy a travel trailer and decide to sell it without transferring it into my name, just sell it AND PUT NEW BUYER ON TITLE IN TEXAS
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2011, 05:15 PM

You bought it but never titled it in your name? Then you are not the registered owner and cannot sell the trailer.

You have to put it in your name before YOU can sell it.

Obviously you cannot sign someone else's name as seller.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2011, 06:58 PM

Yes, you will need to title it into your name, and then sell it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel trailer lost [ 1 Answers ]

Purchase in LA trailer from Flordia want to register in Tx?

Is it illegal to buy to buy a house from a friend then sell it back to her? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a friend that live in California that wants me to purchase her home and sell it back to her. She said a broker said she would save money. The purchase would be cash both ways. Also would I have problems with IRS she is giving me funds. Would they expect me to pay cash on it next year? ...

Travel trailer [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a travel trailer from a 3rd party... the trailer has been paid in full... how do I obtain the original title? I have a copy.

Truck and travel trailer [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. We are looking at purchasing a 20 ft. travel trailer. I drive a 1999 dodge ram 1500 5.2 litre 4x4. My truck has 220,000 ks. I have it maintained and it runs very well. I have recently had the transmission done as well. The question I am concerned about is. Will my truck be able to...

View more questions Search