Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheryl123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
    I'm 14 and pregnant my boyfriend is 17 what will happen?
    If I'm 14 and pregnant and my boyfriend is 17 what's going to happen... we planned for a baby and want to keep it but what's going to happen to mabf will he get done I'm 15 this yr and he's 18 this yr does that make a difference
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2011, 04:31 PM

First ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. It appears you are asking about the law though that wasn't clear. I don't know what a mabf is. This site does not allow text speak.

In most areas 14 is under the age of consent so its possible he could be prosecuted for statutory rape. I can't answer specifically without knowing where you are.

Frankly I hope he is prosecuted. I can't imagine what possibly possessed the both of you to have a baby at your ages. How do you intend to provide for this poor child. You are a child yourself. I wish social services agencies had the power to take your child away from you. Having a baby at your age is immature and irresponsible.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2011, 07:18 PM
    The fact that you planned for a baby at 14 and 17 says that you are not ready to be parents. What will happen is that you cannot support a child, and if you apply for government assistance, you will have to name the father. If paternity is ever established, he could and should be prosecuted for statutory rape. (This depends on the age of consent in your area)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2011, 07:39 PM

Yes, in most cases the 17 year old will go either to jail or will go to Juv lock up. Depends on how they charge him.

You need to start with your parents and work out a plan to care for a child.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 04:20 AM
    You PLANNED this so you should have everything figured out.You have parents and they will be taking care of you... Talk to your MOM You need to do it soon because your baby needs health care.Its not just about you anymore ,you have a baby and that baby needs to be taken care of .You REALLY need to talk to your parents.
    Good Luck :)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2011, 06:12 AM
    I disagree that any planning at all was done, except for having unprotected sex.
    I also see no mention of parents.
    I do agree that you need to talk to the adult or adults who are responsible for you. You need to convince them that your boyfriend shouldn't be arrested, sooner rather than later.

You have no idea even what the law is regarding statutory rape, or endangering a minor (that's you), much less who is going to support you and the child for the next 18 years.
    The government? Do you know who that is? It's the TAXPAYING public, your family, friends, and neighbors and everyone across this country who are struggling just to provide for themselves.

May 1, 2011, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I disagree that any planning at all was done, except for having unprotected sex.
    I was going to say something similar. I suspect the OP and maybe the boyfriend have this ridiculous idea that having a baby will bind them together. So they went ahead with this without any research, any regard to what they will be putting this baby through any regard to the boy's chances of being criminally prosecuted.

Unfortunately I don't think the OP will be back. I think we have given this child a rude awakening. I just hope she listens. But until she does return I think we have finished here.
    adviceangel Posts: 1, Reputation: -3

Jul 7, 2011, 11:25 AM
    I think it is unfair for people to say your boyfriend should be arrested or sent to jail after all it takes two to tango :/ having a baby is an amazing thing but also a very tiring and stressing experience, as much as I stand by 14 and 18 is far to young for a child, I couldn't have the heart to rid a baby, after all you have to face the consequences of your actions but as earlier said, you have to talk to parents, if you don't its going to be extra worry and stress on your shoulders, make sure your boyfriend stands by you, I wish you the biggest amount of luck, it may be hard, but you'll manage, your just going to have to be very immature and not at all childish after all your going to have a child of your own, all the best xxxx

Jul 7, 2011, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adviceangel View Post
    i think it is unfair for people to say your boyfriend should be arrested or sent to jail after all it takes two to tango :/
    And that's why there are age of consent laws. A 14 yr old is not mature enough to consent to sex. A 17 yr old should be more mature and understand the consequences of their action.

This question was posted in the Family Law section. Therefore answers here need to conform to statutory law. Your answer did not. Please choose more carefully how you answer in the future.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 11:55 AM

Yes, your boyfriend can be in a LOT of trouble.

Not very well thought out plans after all, were they?

I suggest you contact Lutheran Social Services or Catholic Social Services to arrange an adoption, because neither of you are smart or mature enough to be parents at this time.
    rev0luti0n Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
    In the state of New Jersey and New York, it is legal. However I know in most other states it isn't.

I don't even-

Why would you even want to be parents?
    Both of you are immature to even try this.

I don't even plan on having kids until my boyfriend and I are able to have a stable income to provide for them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rev0luti0n View Post
    In the state of New Jersey and New York, it is legal. However I know in most other states it isn't.

I don't even-

Why would you even want to be parents?
    Both of you are immature to even try this.

I don't even plan on having kids until my boyfriend and I are able to have a stable income to provide for them.

I'm in NY, work in the legal system and am under the impression that the boyfriend is guilty of statutory rape.

Here is my reference: "Sex with a person under 17 is a misdemeanor if the perpetrator is at least 16. (NY Penal Law § 130.20.)"

Where did you read that sex between partners ages 14 and 17 is legal?

Nov 27, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rev0luti0n View Post
    Thank you for wanting to help members on AMHD. However, since you are new here, you need to understand some of how this site works.

First, in the legal forums, answers need to be accurate according to statutory law. So please make sure your answers adhere to what the laws say.

Second, please check the dates before responding to a thread. This thread is several months old and we prefer that older threads not be revived.

Before responding further, I suggest you browse around more to see how other people ask and answer questions.
    Blooby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 07:08 AM
    To be honest with you it's your choice, yes your boyfriend can get into a lot of trouble. Don't listen to them who are saying that you were stupid and immature. I think you need to speask to you parent/Parents and tell them exactly how you feel. If you can't tell them face to face then write a note to him/her.

I am in the same situation, I am 14 and my boyfriend is 18. I don't want to get rid of it and neither does my boyfriend. When I found out I was so happy and excited. So was my boyfriend.
    I wrote a letter to my mum explaining everything and told her I don't want to get rid of it. She was really carm about it but as I'm starting to show I'm getting worried, my brother would kill my boyfriend.
    My mum said I couldn't really keep it as my boyfriend wa only earning about £100 a week and he was paying £30 to my mum for rent.

Everything is changing now though because he is earning around £400 a week so hopeffully everything will change for me (:

Im going to say good luck to you now and I hope everything works out well for you :)
    Locopop1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
    UM iKnow exsactly what your going threw. Im 14 as well and my boyfriend will be 18 next month. We've had sex already but the thing iss, he's already had a child and I want to have his next baby but I alredy if anyone finds out its his, he'll be sent to jail for sure. Hes a great person with his whole life ahead of him and I would hate to screw that up for him. Imeen after all he'll be going to college next year and I don't to be another thing that holds him back from his dreams. Just Be careful with the decisions your making because somebody could get really hurt :(
    trblgrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Hey I am 14 and prgnant as well.. I didn't plan it though and.my boyfriend is 17 I will.be 15 before he is 18 hun let haterz talk honestly we live in a really messed up world teens are dooing all sorts of crazy things.im just glad your.not getting and abortion just work together now to raise the child(; and.do tell it mother(;
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2012, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trblgrl View Post
    Hey i am 14 and prgnant as well .. i didnt plan it tho and.my bf is 17 i will.be 15 before he is 18 hun let haterz talk honestly we live in a really messed up world teens are dooing all sorts of crazy things.im just glad ur.not getting n abortion just work together now to raise the child(; and.do tell it mother(;

Depending on the State where you live your boyfriend could be labeled a sexual prediator and serve jail time.

Jun 3, 2012, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trblgrl View Post
    Hey i am 14 and prgnant as well .. i didnt plan it tho and.my bf is 17 i will.be 15 before he is 18 hun let haterz talk honestly we live in a really messed up world teens are dooing all sorts of crazy things.im just glad ur.not getting n abortion just work together now to raise the child(; and.do tell it mother(;
    I won't dispute the world is messed up to some extent. But when 14 yr olds are sexually active and get pregnant, the mess is of their OWN making, not the world's. While there are many bad examples out there, there are good ones as well. So, when teens follow the wrong examples, they have to take some of the responsibility for their actions.

Some of your post is not understandable. I don't know what you meant by "let haterz talk honestly" or "do tell it mother". I'm hoping you teach your child to communicate better than you have here.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Some of your post is not understandable. I don't know what you meant by "let haterz talk honestly" or "do tell it mother". I'm hoping you teach your child to communicate better than you have here.

Unfortunately, Scott, she most likely won't have the ability to teach her child much of anything - because she won't have the education.

I believe these statistics are somewhat flawed, are somewhat higher than what I've read in the past - but they do say it all:

In the US alone out of the almost 1 million teen mothers every year slightly more than 7 out of 10 will drop out of HIGH SCHOOL without getting a degree; less than 2% who DO get their degree will get a college degree; 80% will be dependent on Welfare for at least 24 months. 60% will have a second child within 3 years.

- various sources

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would happen if my boyfriend and I ran away? [ 5 Answers ]

ohkay well were 13 years old, my best friend and her boyfriend we were all talking about juss running away, I want to know what would happen to us if they found us. I don't want you to tell me not to do this because I know its not a good idea, I'm not saying I'm going to do it either, I juss want...

What would happen if I ran away with my older boyfriend at 17 years old [ 10 Answers ]

OK, so I am 2 months from being 18, and my parents really believe its best for me to stay home with them until after my birthday. I've been through a lot of things most 17 year olds haven't, and I want to know what could happen to me if I decide to leave home now, and get my life started early. My...

View more questions Search