Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Am I over reacting?
    As you all know my boyfriend and I have been together about 4 years, well this new thing called myspace wandered into our lives, now, we both have myspace pages, except I check my messages and re-do my page and get off, now he gets on and browses meaning looks for "friends", all the friends he has on his page are nasty booty out girls, showing everything that god gave them.. he has ove 1500 of these not all of them girls but about 1300 of them are. He said he doesn't talk to any of them, but they leave him comments and his page still says single, at first he had a picture of us together on there and now its gone, I am constantly getting mad and asking him ?'s about this and he says I'm over reacting and getting on his nerves. I wanted to know am I over reacting because I feel I have a right to be mad because I feel disrespected. What do you all think I should do?
    Lacey Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 05:22 PM
    It sounds like he has insecurity issues and is seeking the "attention" of other females. He has also, it seems, already "left" your relationship emotionally. If he still values you and considers you his girlfriend then he would not state in a public forum that he is "single" and he would not have removed the picture of him "with" you. I would have a serious conversation with him about this situation and if he just blows it off as you over-reacting then it shows he is not listening and is no longer concerned with how you think or feel.
    Since I'm new, I don't know if you two are living together or not... but, if he is "not that into you" anymore then it's time to move on and out.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
    I agree that you are being disrespected and I don't think you're overreacting. I don't blame you for not wanting to tolerate that. You may have to consider giving him an ultimatum ; either his MySpace "booty out" girls or you. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you want, you'll feel better knowing that you respected yourself enough to take a stand and stick by it and he'll respect you more for it as well.
    freebird1981 Posts: 30, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Hi, we don't have myspace but we are both on a different website, I don't have a problem with him having friends of the opposite sex as long as the boundaries arnt broken, on both pages it says "in reletionship" and everyone there has gotten to know us as a couple.I would be hurt too if he put single. He is disrespecting you,you exist and he should be proud to tell people you are his girlfriend.. online or off
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
    This whole MySapce pages has really RUINED relationships.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
    /shrug... it's also created relationships

The thing is... you're NOT overreacting. Tell him to put himself back to in a relationship or he really WILL be "single".
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
    MySpace is not at fault here, but it is the way it is USED, and when it is USED improperly (as shown here), problems arise. It's the internet, and if he can't proudly show his affections for you as you have for him online then he sounds too immature to even HAVE a relationship, in my opinion.

If he can't handle being questioned about his online activities without getting flustered, then life may as well take shape around his online persona: Single.
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I have a friend who has myspace and gets some really sluty women contacting him. It's ruined two relationships for him because the gals check out his space and see who's contacting him.
    ap6589 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jan 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
    You are being disrespected. Sweetheart you need to be with someone that doesn't look at other girls. Look through his mail sometime. You never know
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
    I agree, he is being disrespectful. He is trying to portray to these other girls that he is single. I do not think you are over reacting by asking him about it and trying to figure out what is going on... if you weren't questioning then I would be worried. You have every reason to not trust him with this Myspace thing.

Sure Myspace ruins some relationships, but mostly it is because one or the other abuses it. I have seen some couples decide to make a joint account... so they don't have anything to hide from each other. I think that is a very good idea for couples who can't seem to agree on what is appropriate or not.

The fact that your boyfriend says you are getting on his nerves about this, and he doesn't seem to want to change or make any adjustments tells me he is not into this relationship.

If he wants things to work he needs to step up and act like it and prove it.

Best wishes.
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    I have a friend who has myspace and gets some really sluty women contacting him. It's ruined two relationships for him because the gals check out his space and see who's contacting him.

Heck, *I* get slutty women contacting ME on MySpace--and I'm listed as female, straight, and married!

Sounds like the girls your friend was dating weren't much on trust to begin with... and who wants to date someone that doesn't trust you?

Jan 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Well guys, he changed it to in a relationship.. I told him we need to talk, and he changed it.. thanks, I also read him a couple of your guyses comments, I think he may get the point now...
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Hmmmmmm- we'll see. Sounds like he wants his cake and eat too.

I've been there - be caucious the next couple weeks. Seriously.

I am waiting for the "I need space" quotes from him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starsbooty
    well guys, he changed it to in a relationship.. i told him we need to talk, n he changed it.. thanks, i also read him a couple of ur guyses comments, i think he may get the point now....
    Good because you where right and he was wrong and we are better than myspace:cool:

Jan 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
    No, wildcat, I been with him for 4 years so I know when he is lyin or when he is serious. He is serious, he also gave me his password..

Jan 29, 2007, 01:35 PM
    But thanks all for your responses..
    Gemmms Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 10:39 AM

I know how you feel me and my boyfriend have Facebook. And there is always girls adding him. That I can understand because they're adding him but if he dosnet know them I will argu and say something.

If boys add me I'll accept at first see who they are and if I know them if not I delete them straight away.

If he's adding them then you have all the right to tell him to delete them as it offend you.
    How would he like it if you added blokes with 6-paks or models to your myspace he would feel exaclty the same way you are.
    You should use that as an example. And see if he's has an answer.
    Expert

Nov 9, 2009, 11:12 AM

This thread is 2 years old--I doubt she'll come back to see your post on it.

Please watch the dates when responding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search