Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mxsanc09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Do I still receive my annual vacation check if I'm on disability?
    I am with a company that is unionized and have recently been put on disability. All employees receive their vacation pay on their anniversary date. I will be on disability when my anniv. Comes up next week. Will I still get my pay or will my employer hold my check until I return to work?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2011, 02:04 PM

You need to call your Union rep. or shop Stewart. In some cases you have to use up your sick leave and vacation before you can go on disability, others only your sick leave.

The answer may vary depending on your Union and your contract.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2011, 07:08 PM

Yes, this will be decided by your union contract or rules
    So I agree to contact your union rep, My guess ( and that is all it is) would be that you would get it when you return to work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I write off a vacation if I receive a 1099... I'm a realtor/sub contractor [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a realtor and I receive a 1099 misc and am considered a sub contractor for my broker, keller williams. Can I write off one vacation per year if I use it as a time to do my business planning for the year and record my plans in a journal/log? I've heard that people who are incorporated...

What is the best annual pay a Naval Officer can receive? [ 0 Answers ]

If you have been in the navy 7 years, have completed the NUPOC program what is the best annual pay you can receive? And under what circumstances can you receive the highets pay?

CAN I help my college son if I receive ssa disability with a rep payee? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I help my college son if I receive SSA disability and have a Rep Payee, My husband left me and I am in a depressed state and can bearly function... But I want to help my son with my disability money.

Will I receive back child support if my ex husband receives a retro active disability [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband owes a large amount of back child support to me. He may be receiving a large payment of retroactive disability payments. Will my child's back support payments be taken from this amount

Will my children receive SSD backpay from their father's disability? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering when my 2 sons are approved for disability benefits (SSD) on behalf of their father, will the backpay they receive start from the date that I applied for them, or will it go retro from the time HE applied or was found disabled. Thanks

View more questions Search