Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiStyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 09:43 PM
    How to calculate the standard deviation STD ?
    3 students are randomly selected with replacement from this data set, and we are interested in the probability that a student attends XUniversity. If you were to create a probability distribution, i.e. P(k=0), P(k=1), P(k=2), P(k=3), what would the standard deviation be of this distribution? (Note: You do NOT need to calculate all of the probabilities in the distribution to find the mean and variance.)

NOTE : The data for X university as follows :
    Frequency= 37
    Percent=61.7
    Valid Percent=61.7
    Cumulative Percent=61.7

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 2, 2011, 06:03 AM

Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board
    Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard Deviation [ 1 Answers ]

A medical researcher treats 100 subjects with high cholesterol with a new drug. The average decrease in cholesterol level is = 80 after two months of taking the drug. Assume that the decrease in cholesterol after two months of taking the drug follows a normal distribution, with unknown mean ...

Calculate the standard deviation [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, A company has moved to new premises and the management have reason to believe that the number of internal telephne calls will increase. At the old premises the daily number of calls could be described by a normal distribution with a mean of 110. For 5% of the days, the number of calls was...

Standard Deviation [ 2 Answers ]

On one of my homework assignments I had this question: A coin is tossed 72 times. Find the standard deviation for the number of heads that will be tossed. Could you please help me get started? Then I will be fine. Thank you, Cheryl :confused:

Standard Deviation [ 3 Answers ]

The question reads, What is the standard deviation for the sample data below: 154,216,171,188,229,203,184,173,181,147 Round the answer to the nearest tenth. I have done this several times but my answer keeps coming up wrong. Can anyone explain this to me>?

View more questions Search