Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike_P. Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2004, 01:41 AM
    Dyson vacuum cleaner fault
    Our Dyson DC01 vacuum cleaner has lost its suction. It goes, but will not pick up anything.

Any suggestions please (no, not those types of suggestion!)??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2004, 11:11 AM
    Re: Dyson vacuum cleaner fault
    Hi Mike,
    Sounds like you have a broken fan belt. This belt drives the fan that produces the vacuum. Check Dyson DC01 fan belts out at;
    http://www.bec-components.co.uk/dysonbelts.html
    Or your local dealer. Good luck, Tom
    harleyds Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2005, 06:52 AM
    Belt drives the motor?
    I have to disagree. The motor drives the belt which then drives the Brush.

If the belt drives the motor, then what is driving the belt?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2005, 11:11 AM
    Tom gave you a good start. If the belt is OK, look for leaks and blockages.
    R_O_B_S Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2005, 01:36 PM
    If the Brushbar spins then the belt is fine, if you turn the dyson upside down you will find to rubber flaps if you open these up and get a thin rod/stick/piece of tube and push it in either of these flaps and see if you can feel/ see any blockages. DO you get any suction what so ever out of the wand handle? If you don't check both filters, the one on the side of the dyson and the one under the bin.
    irajane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 07:43 PM
    My Dyson has the same problem. The hand vacuum on it works but no the main one. The brushes are spinning so belt must be running. Blows rather than sucks... very frustrating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Volvo 740 vacuum problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Volvo 740 2.3 non-turbo that is missing a major vacuum line. It starts the intake manifold and then runs up towards the master cylinder on the firewall. From that point, it "T's" off, with the bottom part of the line going up under the firewall. What I am missing is the other part...

Dyson hoover nightmare [ 2 Answers ]

Any ideas why my Dyson (upright) is not sucking up through the hose on the handle?:confused:

Dyson Dc07 [ 24 Answers ]

I have a Dyson DC07. It won't pick anything up although the motor is working okay. I have cleared all the obvious areas and have washed the filter. Although after clearing these areas, it will pick up with very weak suction for a few minutes using the attachment, it then stops and I end up...

89 dodge spirit vacuum line help [ 1 Answers ]

I need either a diagram of the vacuum lines on the 2.2 dodge spirit motor or else someone who can clearly tell me where the vacuum lines run to and how many connecters are involved. The vacuum lines I am talking about are right after the vacuum line harness into the carbeurator and valve cover.

View more questions Search